By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How to save consoles?

PS4 is doing just as well as the PS2.

Around the Network

Um, consoles seem to be doing fine to me. 7th gen was an anomaly where every console sold well.

Consoles need saving?

Random_Matt said:

PS2 by this point had sold nearly 60 million units, that's around 50% higher than PS4. So no, PS4 is doing nowhere near as good as PS2.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

PS2 sold better than PS4, but XB1's sold better than original Xbox. There will probably still be a difference, but probably not huge. Consoles are fine.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Random_Matt said:

PS2 by this point had sold nearly 60 million units, that's around 50% higher than PS4. So no, PS4 is doing nowhere near as good as PS2.

No it had not. Not close. It's still ahead at ~50 million, launches aligned and adjusted for different regional launch dates, but it was not at 60 million.

Jumpin said:
Random_Matt said:

At this point PS2 was 18 months into $100 pricedrop and was retailing for $199. PS4 cost $50 less than what it did at launch and is retailing for $350 which is $50 more than what the PS2 even launched at. 

And to OP. What exactky are you seeing that indicates that consoles need saving? This is just the 6th gen all over again. PS2 dominating, xbox holding its own and Gamecube failing. Only difference now is that the Xbox is doing better than it evee did and nintendo did worse than it ever did. 

CaptainExplosion said:
Jumpin said:

That furthers my point, so what should be done about that in future gens?

Except PS2 was practically the ONLY thing that was selling well in Gen 6. PS4 is at 40M+, XBO is at 20M+, and WIIU is at 10M+.Nearly 100M units when Gen 8 really only kicked off in 2013 (let's be real, Wii U may be in Gen 8, but it didn't really do a whole bunch to "start" it).

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Videogame consoles as a means of entertainment don't need saving.
Certain developers, on the other hand, need to get in touch with their audicence.

Consoles are fine.... for now.