By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if Nintendos Next Handheld was a Smart Phone.

or they could just start making 3DS systems with smartphone capabilities. I mean, they have had patents for it in the past

Around the Network

They should release it alongside NX and HDS.

So instead of inderictly competing against Apple and Samsung, directly compete and fail against Apple and Samsung?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Well, you answer your own question. If it was a smart device, it wouldn't be a handheld. It would be a smart device.

So if Nintendo were to somehow release a smart device (not going to happen, they are $600 without cell phone plan subsidies), it would mean they've stopped making dedicated handhelds and have moved over to smart devices entiey.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

It would flop. But integrating Smartphones into their current model of consoles and handhelds is something I expect.

Around the Network

I have a phone I'm happy with. I want a handheld but if they could release a handheld and phone verion simultaneously, without compromising the hand held for sake of the phone version, I wouldn't object.

It would fail.

I don't think it would be that successful. There are already many different kinds of smartphones right? What would make people buy a Nintendo phone above the rest?

I def would not want to be playing their games on a phone, that's for sure...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Most likely wouldn't be a good idea..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I've been against this idea ... but now ... I'm starting to hedge against it.

They wouldn't outsell the iPhone or Samsung ... but everyone else .... hmmm. Hmmmmmmm.

They'd have to use a forked/custom version of Android to have app support, but Amazon already does this, Nintendo could do the same and keep the licensing fees for apps to themselves.

I mean could they sell 25-35 million phones/year doing this? Well Apple ships like 220+ million/year, so Nintendo doing even 15% of that would be more hardware sold than what the PS4 is shipping right now.

$249.99 w/o Phone functionality

$399.99 w/Phone functionality and high end camera.

Has physical controls that either snap on or slide out and can play traditional Nintendo games too. 

Create a new brand or partner with someone to do so.