By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are You Buying No Man's Sky?

Are You Buying No Man's Sky?

Hell YES 211 50.00%

Hell NO 137 32.46%

Show Me The Stars 74 17.54%

Total:422
baloofarsan said:
Mystro-Sama said:
I really REALLY want to though i'm waiting for the metascore.

What is the lowest score that is acceptable to you?

I will get it because I usually can see from a trailer if a game is good for me or not.

Probably 80. I'll take the user score into account too.

Around the Network

I'll be getting it, haven't decided if I'll get the PC or PS4 version however so I may not get it right away so I can see how the versions compare. Was kinda hoping they'd have announced VR by now, would make the decision easier even with it being like £10 cheaper on Steam atm.

Don't ruin the moment

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PC/PS4), Dead Cells (PC)

LordyPlays on YouTube

Mystro-Sama said:

Probably 80. I'll take the user score into account too.

Being an "console" exclusive will see it get scored down by fanboys.

OT. I'm going to buy it. I've seen enough to make it a day one purchase. This game will also be well supported post launch by the developers since they are already working on an update since it went gold.

Waiting for reviews and about a month or so after release. If people are still playing and loving it (as in there's enough there that it doesn't grow stale) I'll certainly give it a go.

SWORDF1SH said:

OT. I'm going to buy it. I've seen enough to make it a day one purchase. This game will also be well supported post launch by the developers since they are already working on an update since it went gold.

The great thing about the updates to this game is they have an algorithm which searches the entire universe to find planets that haven't been found. That means any updates can populate planets that haven't been found and so there will be no anomilies, only new discoveries. I'm hoping that when they do eventually patch in new content, they don't tell us what it is. For me it makes it far more exciting.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
SWORDF1SH said:

The great thing about the updates to this game is they have an algorithm which searches the entire universe to find planets that haven't been found. That means any updates can populate planets that haven't been found and so there will be no anomilies, only new discoveries. I'm hoping that when they do eventually patch in new content, they don't tell us what it is. For me it makes it far more exciting.

If it sells well I see them setting up a new team purely to support NMS for years to come, it's that type of game.

SWORDF1SH said:

If it sells well I see them setting up a new team purely to support NMS for years to come, it's that type of game.

They have said they're going to support it for a very long time. They've also expressed an interest in creating a game which uses the same tech but in a smaller space so they can drill down on the detail and complexity.

This is a must watch if you haven't seen it already:

View on YouTube

The PS5 Exists. 

I just don't understand the hype for No Man's Sky. Visually it's nothing special and its randomly generated universe seems so boring to explore. You go to just another planet with its variation of weird colored monsters and then what? What is it that I have missed?

I am happy though that so many people are interested in such an original and hardcore looking game.

I might get it on Steam whenever it gets a discount, but the game itself honestly looks pretty boring to me.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

gonna wait cause i need to see more content