By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are You Buying No Man's Sky?

Are You Buying No Man's Sky?

Hell YES 211 50.00%

Hell NO 137 32.46%

Show Me The Stars 74 17.54%

Total:422
CladInShadows said:

No, I was fully intending on either pre-ordering it or buying it day one.  I was just waiting until I had a spare 60 bucks to use. And pre-ordering gets you a more powerful ship, I believe.

I haven't watched any streams. Everything I know about the game is from the various articles and previews we've been fed since the announcement.

Most people are going to not bother using that ship. I don't think there's anything wrong with using it but it would give you the pure beginning experience if you didn't.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Absolutely. Game looks amazing in regards to its scope.

Nymeria said:
Absolutely. Game looks amazing in regards to its scope.

And tinyness

https://clips.twitch.tv/flexx05/WildWaspTooSpicy

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
CladInShadows said:

No, I was fully intending on either pre-ordering it or buying it day one.  I was just waiting until I had a spare 60 bucks to use. And pre-ordering gets you a more powerful ship, I believe.

I haven't watched any streams. Everything I know about the game is from the various articles and previews we've been fed since the announcement.

Most people are going to not bother using that ship. I don't think there's anything wrong with using it but it would give you the pure beginning experience if you didn't.

Yeah, it's unlikely I will use it.  Kind of like those extra weapons in Dark Souls 2.  I got them, but never used them.  But I like having the option.

Already bought

Around the Network

I have the limited edition pre ordered. Excited to get it!

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

The whole procedurally generated world thing is a boast of heard so many times before, that I've learned generally not to expect too much. So far, the ads make it look to me like they've made a big expansive technically impressive world, but haven't necessarily remembered to make it the least bit engaging to interact with.
I could be wrong. I'd like to be wrong. But given my track record with these kinds of games, I think it's only sensible I wait and see what people have to say about it after launch before making any purchasing decision.

Nemesis1993 said:
Already bought

Are you just going to play around the beginning until the patch hits? Or do you mean you've preordered it?

The PS5 Exists. 

Day one!

Based on a lot of videos lately You can't spoil a universe except from main goal to reach the center, so yes this game is the perfect game for heavy chill MJ heaven and can't wait to dig in!

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90