By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are You Buying No Man's Sky?

Are You Buying No Man's Sky?

Hell YES 211 50.00%

Hell NO 137 32.46%

Show Me The Stars 74 17.54%

Total:422

Neh, only if it comes to PS+ someday...

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
TruckOSaurus said:
To me the game seems pointless. I don't like exploring for the sake of exploring, I have to have a goal, an objective, a sense of progression.

Your objective is to get to the centre of the universe. To do that you have to upgrade your equipment/ship and level up.

It's amazing how the idea that NMS has no point or objective is so pervasive.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:

The main problem is that No Man's Sky has got so many gaming loops that people can't see the trees for the forest. Trading isn't seen as a gaming loop for some people so they overlook that. Searching out the lore and discovering what the Sentinals really are isn't seen as a gaming loop for some and so they overlook that. They also seem to forget you have to actually 'adventure' out into hostile territory in order to do simple things like upgrade your equipment or ship in order to fulfill your main objective which is to discover what's at the centre of the universe. Hacking is also forgotten, as is learning languages. People also ask 'what's the point in naming stuff?' They don't understand that you earn Units for doing that and so naming creatures could well be your only hope of ever leaving certain planets. Nor do they ever seem to talk about surviving the hostile environments or surviving a night filled with hostile creatures. In space, it will feel like a space shooter, on land it will feel like a shooter/adventure/survival game, in tunnels and caves it could feel like a horror games.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
COKTOE said:

The main problem is that No Man's Sky has got so many gaming loops that people can't see the trees for the forest. Trading isn't seen as a gaming loop for some people so they overlook that. Searching out the lore and discovering what the Sentinals really are isn't seen as a gaming loop for some and so they overlook that. They also seem to forget you have to actually 'adventure' out into hostile territory in order to do simple things like upgrade your equipment or ship in order to fulfill your main objective which is to discover what's at the centre of the universe. Hacking is also forgotten, as is learning languages. People also ask 'what's the point in naming stuff?' They don't understand that you earn Units for doing that and so naming creatures could well be your only hope of ever leaving certain planets. Nor do they ever seem to talk about surviving the hostile environments or surviving a night filled with hostile creatures. In space, it will feel like a space shooter, on land it will feel like a shooter/adventure/survival game, in tunnels and caves it could feel like a horror games.

Well said sir. I hope it pans out well. I have confidence that it will be, at least, fairly well recieved at large, and that I will like it as well.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

edit

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Still not sold. I wish the best for the developer though!

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Finally pre-ordered mine for Steam. Getting pretty excited now.

CladInShadows said:

Lot's of people are preordering or intend to buy it after watching the streams. Is that why you've decided to preorder it?

The PS5 Exists. 

I'm waiting for the reviews. It looks really good, I like to read some reviews before purchase.

GribbleGrunger said:
CladInShadows said:

Lot's of people are preordering or intend to buy it after watching the streams. Is that why you've decided to preorder it?

No, I was fully intending on either pre-ordering it or buying it day one.  I was just waiting until I had a spare 60 bucks to use. And pre-ordering gets you a more powerful ship, I believe.

I haven't watched any streams. Everything I know about the game is from the various articles and previews we've been fed since the announcement.