By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Go Success Shows That Nintendo Should Go Full Mobile and call Quits on Consoles/Handhelds!

AlfredoTurkey said:
Nem said:
Quite honestly, people are just overexcited. We will see if it sticks after the initial craze.

My opinion is that it's interesting for a while, but it isn't a very good game. The fights are a joke. So, i'm not sure it will hold people's atention for very long.

It's the definition of an ios/android game. It's a low/no upfront cost, shallow game that lacks all the depth of the real thing on dedicated hardware. After a couple weeks, the casuals will have moved on to the next thing and the core will be bored.

Sun and Moon can't get here soon enough lol

Like Candy Crash or Angry Bird? Only one week and then all people got bored, right?

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Nah is the same old story, Nintendo has an epic win, gotta find a way to downplay it and make it look like a bad thing.

I wouldn't call it downplaying or making it look like a bad thing at all... how is saying they're making an absolute fortune and could have incredible growth a bad thing? You're absolutely right it is an epic win, and with Pokemon Go doing numbers like this it would be foolish for Nintendo to not aggressively pursue the mobile market.

Dedicated Hardware isn't going anywhere anytime soon, but eventually it might do, if Nintendo gets into a situation where it decides to ditch dedicated hardware the company will be better for it. It all hinges on their dedicated hardware performance next generation. If the NX is another WiiU I wouldn't expect Nintendo to stay in the dedicated hardware business.

Recently the hardware has been holding the entire company back, as opposed to being something that actually benefits the company, builds consumer base and revenue.

And when Pokemon GO fades a way in a month, should Nintendo quit the hardware business then?

Goodnightmoon said:
There is really a ton of people interested on gettin Nintendo out of the competition, is such an impredictible company than you never know when they will dethrone the king and that produces a lot of fear.

But is not gonna happen anytime soon, in fact, I'm pretty sure Nintendo will not be the first out of the big 3 that will leave the console business.

This kind of thing is hardly limited to Nintendo. Sony's impending bankruptcy was consistently predicted for the better part of a decade, similar predictions were made about Nintendo for a few years before it shifted too 'they'll go third party/mobile only soon', and MS have spent most of this generation with people predicting the X1 will be their last console.

Clearly everyone is afraid of everyone

Zekkyou said:
Goodnightmoon said:
There is really a ton of people interested on gettin Nintendo out of the competition, is such an impredictible company than you never know when they will dethrone the king and that produces a lot of fear.

But is not gonna happen anytime soon, in fact, I'm pretty sure Nintendo will not be the first out of the big 3 that will leave the console business.

This kind of thing is hardly limited to Nintendo. Sony's impending bankruptcy was consistently predicted for the better part of a decade, similar predictions were made about Nintendo for a few years before it shifted too 'they'll go third party/mobile only soon', and MS have spent most of this generation with people predicting the X1 will be their last console.

Clearly everyone is afraid of everyone

I guess you are right, but the "Nintendo should go third party" seems to be way more habitual than those you mention.

Goodnightmoon said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

It's the definition of an ios/android game. It's a low/no upfront cost, shallow game that lacks all the depth of the real thing on dedicated hardware. After a couple weeks, the casuals will have moved on to the next thing and the core will be bored.

Like Candy Crash or Angry Bird? Only one week and then all people got bored, right?

What exactly do those two games have in common with Go aside from being ios/'droid games? 

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
Nem said:
Quite honestly, people are just overexcited. We will see if it sticks after the initial craze.

My opinion is that it's interesting for a while, but it isn't a very good game. The fights are a joke. So, i'm not sure it will hold people's atention for very long.

I like your avatar. The favorite games of my childhood. :)

Still got the original boxes and cartridges at my parent's.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Goodnightmoon said:

What exactly do those two games have in common with Go aside from being ios/'droid games? 

Both are free mobile games with a strong reception everywehere, just like Pokemon Go. They didn't fade in a week, Pokemon Go doesnt look like it will either, the game is addictive and is gonna be expanded through time.

Goodnightmoon said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Wich one do you gather the casuals will drop for it? Problem with mobile games. Theres only room for a few big games. The other ones spike at launch and disappear. It's still early to say it will rival those games in longevity.

Nintendo must do what is most profitable and acceptable to their shareholders. More Mobile games to follow..

tbone51 said:

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

"Pokemon Go Success Shows That Nintendo Should Go Full Mobile and call Quits on Consoles/Handhelds!" ←←←

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

Yeah I see this a lot and I'm sorry but this is ridiculous, not even as a Nintendo fangirl. Nintendo is a multimillion company, they can, and they will have different branches and business. Mobile is doing well so rip consoles? just no. Nintendo is about to open restaurants, to make movies, is making toys, consoles and mobile games. Multimillion company with different branches.