By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to offer Xbox One trade-up program for Project Scorpio

You'll probably get tops 150 off. If you get a new console down in the 300s that's good. Plus you have over a year to save some money for it.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Hey, maybe if you say it enough times you'll brainwash yourself into believing it's true

Monthly ranking on amazon right now (for this month, not preorders for another):

#20 PS4 - CoD BO3 bundle

#86 Xbox One - name your game bundle

#96 PS4 - 500gb "fools edition"

^ these are facts. I dont need to say them many times to fool myself into believeing them true.

On amazon based on these rankings, I wouldnt be surprised if amazon shipped 3 times as many PS4s this month, as XB1's.

So you're basically showing me that people are still buying the old Xbox One model even with the slim and scorpio announced. Good to know. 

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I like this idea a lot, but what kind of discount are we talking about. If the Scorpio costs $600 and I get a $150 credit for my XOne, that's not going to inspire me to upgrade.

I doubt it'll even be 500$. But by my guess, I'd say 150$ seems about right.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
I like this idea a lot, but what kind of discount are we talking about. If the Scorpio costs $600 and I get a $150 credit for my XOne, that's not going to inspire me to upgrade.

I doubt it'll even be 500$. But by my guess, I'd say 150$ seems about right.

I don't think MS will go above $500.

NobleTeam360 said:
JRPGfan said:

Monthly ranking on amazon right now (for this month, not preorders for another):

#20 PS4 - CoD BO3 bundle

#86 Xbox One - name your game bundle

#96 PS4 - 500gb "fools edition"

^ these are facts. I dont need to say them many times to fool myself into believeing them true.

On amazon based on these rankings, I wouldnt be surprised if amazon shipped 3 times as many PS4s this month, as XB1's.

So you're basically showing me that people are still buying the old Xbox One model even with the slim and scorpio announced. Good to know. 

I think he was illustrating that X1 sales have plummeted, only one SKU in the top 100 and it's at #86. I don't believe it was like that before E3, but yeah, of course there are still x1 consoles being sold. NPD will be interesting from last month forward.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
CGI-Quality said:

I'll be all for it, IF it launches with exclusive titles.

MS claims it's up to the developers, they can choose to release on both XB1 and Scorpio, or just Scorpio. Supposedly there's no requirement forcing devs to support XB1 like there is with Neo/PS4. If that's the case, we probably won't see many exclusives for the first year or two of Scorpio's life, because you know MS 1st/2nd party will still support XB1 so they don't piss off XB1 owners. As for 3rd party devs, they will probably still support XB1 for awhile thanks to the install base, but after a year or two some of them should start to move on to Scorpio exclusively. 

I didn't realize that was even a possibility. The only reason I'm remotely OK with this mid-gen updates thing is because games will come to both versions of a given console. If Scorpio starts getting exclusive games, I might just call it quits with Xbox altogether.

Good. I was hoping they'd do something like this. I bet Gamestop will have similar trade in deals as well.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
shikamaru317 said:

MS claims it's up to the developers, they can choose to release on both XB1 and Scorpio, or just Scorpio. Supposedly there's no requirement forcing devs to support XB1 like there is with Neo/PS4. If that's the case, we probably won't see many exclusives for the first year or two of Scorpio's life, because you know MS 1st/2nd party will still support XB1 so they don't piss off XB1 owners. As for 3rd party devs, they will probably still support XB1 for awhile thanks to the install base, but after a year or two some of them should start to move on to Scorpio exclusively. 

I didn't realize that was even a possibility. The only reason I'm remotely OK with this mid-gen updates thing is because games will come to both versions of a given console. If Scorpio starts getting exclusive games, I might just call it quits with Xbox altogether.

XBone can't handle VR, so I think it's safe to say that Scorpio will definitely have a decent number of exclusives there.

@OP This is standard pocedure, isn't it? I thought Nintendo even offered trade-ins on their website when they launched the 3DSXL and N3DS.

aLkaLiNE said:
NobleTeam360 said:

I think he was illustrating that X1 sales have plummeted, only one SKU in the top 100 and it's at #86. I don't believe it was like that before E3, but yeah, of course there are still x1 consoles being sold. NPD will be interesting from last month forward.

The fact that it's in the top 100 is still decent. I believe the X1 was ranked  in the low 50's before and I would think it's logical for there to be  a decline in sales when a new model is announced. There seems to be this narrative that MS hurt the slims sales by announcing the Scorpio  (that's what I thought he was talking about before when he made his comment) which clearly isn't the case. 

shikamaru317 said:
CGI-Quality said:

I'll be all for it, IF it launches with exclusive titles.

What? How do you know this? This is incredible news.

And it could force Sony to allow exclusives for Neo after a while.