By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to offer Xbox One trade-up program for Project Scorpio

barneystinson69 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
I like this idea a lot, but what kind of discount are we talking about. If the Scorpio costs $600 and I get a $150 credit for my XOne, that's not going to inspire me to upgrade.

I doubt it'll even be 500$. But by my guess, I'd say 150$ seems about right.

I'd be very surprised if Scorpio launched under $499

Around the Network

So basically the Scorpio is what Win 10 was to Win 8.. Bury it and try to move on smoothly with as little damage to the brand possible.. i know one thing, if MS is not ahead with a product, don't buy it case MS will try to replace it as soon as they find a method to do it without pissing consumers off. I am not saying what they do is bad, just that in perspective of the current competition, it is a pussy-move.. it's like signing a boxer and replace him after 2 years just because he is 5-10% weaker then the world champion which in reality is still a great boxer. If MS doesn't make the numbers that they clearly are looking for, this move can be the death of XB if what they plan doesn't work out. Business is a fucked up world 

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Baryonyx said:

So basically the Scorpio is what Win 10 was to Win 8.. Bury it and try to move on smoothly with as little damage to the brand possible.. i know one thing, if MS is not ahead with a product, don't buy it case MS will try to replace it as soon as they find a method to do it without pissing consumers off. I am not saying what they do is bad, just that in perspective of the current competition, it is a pussy-move.. it's like signing a boxer and replace him after 2 years just because he is 5-10% weaker then the world champion which in reality is still a great boxer. If MS doesn't make the numbers that they clearly are looking for, this move can be the death of XB if what they plan doesn't work out. Business is a fucked up world 

Errr.... If Microsofts only motivation for Scorpio is this then why in hell is Sony making the Neo. 

Barkley said:
Baryonyx said:

Errr.... If Microsofts only motivation for Scorpio is this then why in hell is Sony making the Neo. 

Good question. 

I might consider it if I had a 4k TV, but since I don't own one and have no plan of buying one, I think I'll stick to my regular X1.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Just because MS or Sony offer a trade programme, that doesn't mean it will be any good. The Scorpio will cost more than the Neo and the Neo we know will cost more than the regular PS4 which sits at $299 at the moment. If the Scorpio is that much more powerful, I can see it retailing at $5-600 unless they take a huge loss.

Anyone wanting to buy a Neo or Scorpio who hasn't made the jump yet is better of holding out as you are guaranteed to lose $100+ and then pay another $350-400 extra

Barkley said:
Baryonyx said:

Because Sony was retarded enough to aim for VR with a Hardware that can't push bigger budget games. If these games underperformed on VR, it will be a disaster for Sony. Also i believe Sony already stated their reasons, that it would be cheaper for them to replace the current stock GPU with what AMD offered them. i am sure AMD would love the fact that they have the marketshare on Consoles and that they would be capable of control that market for more profits, also forcing $ony and M$ to buy their new hardwares by giving them deals to be able to sell tons of new product's.

Also, this thread was about Scorpio, i gave my opinion and you are free to discredit as much as you want, even though i had no bad intentions.

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

JRPGfan said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Hey, maybe if you say it enough times you'll brainwash yourself into believing it's true

Monthly ranking on amazon right now (for this month, not preorders for another):

#20 PS4 - CoD BO3 bundle

#86 Xbox One - name your game bundle

#96 PS4 - 500gb "fools edition"

^ these are facts. I dont need to say them many times to fool myself into believeing them true.

On amazon based on these rankings, I wouldnt be surprised if amazon shipped 3 times as many PS4s this month, as XB1's.

You ignored me.. The FACT was that it The Xbox One S was #18 for June.. with a Second Xbox One SKU in the top 50..   In MAY.. Xbox DIDNT HAVE A SINGLE SKU IN THE TOP 50...    Also.. Not listing the Xbox One S at #62 goes against what you said..  You said the Xbox One S was dead in the water.. But there are 2 SKUS in the top 100..      

THESE... are the facts.. Based on AMAZON.. 

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m