By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why did everyone hate watch dogs?

I didn't hate it. I didn't love it either. I did like it and enjoy myself while playing it.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
method114 said:
I like it and I preferred it over GTA5. GTA4 was still better IMO.

Yeah, its arguably better than GTA4 but thats like a 7 year difference. Frankly, mission checkpoints alone could have made GTA4 more tolerable.

The DLC for GTA4 though is fantastic.

I never got to finish the DLC. I started the motorcycle gang one but never finished it wish I would have. To me GTA4 is better simply because of the story. I really loved the story in GTA4. I loved the characters and just really loved being this russiam immigrant trying to make it in America with his goofy ass cousin coming a long for the ride. 

GTA5 I've tried twice to get into but the story is just boring as fuck. At time it can be ok but overall just not enjoying it. I've gottent to the park where the methhead comes into the game and that's about it.

I think the bait-and-switch that occurred between E3 footage and final release left a sour taste in people's mouths.

I played the Wii U version and I enjoyed most of the game but at some point I just wanted to finish it as soon as possible because it crashed constantly, the patches Ubi made for the Wii U version weren't working properly.

No story. Boring missions. Pointless side missions. Wasted gameplay potential and generic shooting galleries.

I have hope for the sequel though. Getting an Assassins Creed II level of improvement from it.

Around the Network
method114 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Yeah, its arguably better than GTA4 but thats like a 7 year difference. Frankly, mission checkpoints alone could have made GTA4 more tolerable.

The DLC for GTA4 though is fantastic.

I never got to finish the DLC. I started the motorcycle gang one but never finished it wish I would have. To me GTA4 is better simply because of the story. I really loved the story in GTA4. I loved the characters and just really loved being this russiam immigrant trying to make it in America with his goofy ass cousin coming a long for the ride. 

GTA5 I've tried twice to get into but the story is just boring as fuck. At time it can be ok but overall just not enjoying it. I've gottent to the park where the methhead comes into the game and that's about it.

I liked GTA4 story and characters for a few hours, but I eventually lost interest and just forced myself to finish it. It failed to stay interesting and kinda just wraps up.

The GTA4 DLC is shorter and felt like it had less filler. Therefore I found myself enjoying that content more than the base game. Its in my backlog to eventually play again. I'd be a pig in shit if it came to X1 BC.

I really enjoyed GTAV, one of my favorites of last gen. Maybe you just werent in the mood for it?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I thought it was a dog simulator.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I don't think people hated it THAT much. They were just disappointed. Did you see the original trailer? By the time the game came out, it was quite a bit different.

alrightiwill said:
Hivemind of the internet mostly. Bandwagon hate. Same thing with the mega-downvoting of the COD IW trailer.

It was a solid game if a tad mediocre. The graphics downgrade was a bummer but graphics a good game does not make.

While that is true master Yoda, if a game doesn't have good graphics, then showcasing a demo which features eye popping good graphics and city detail is not going to earn you any fans.

It's like saying a game doesn't have to have an orchestrial soundtrack, of course it doesn't, but if you show a demo where one is present and advertised.... then release a game full of 8 bit chip tunes, sure the game might still sound good and fitting... but obviously people will be questioning where all the fiddlers have fiddled off to.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Mr Puggsly said:
method114 said:

I liked GTA4 story and characters for a few hours, but I eventually lost interest and just forced myself to finish it. It failed to stay interesting and kinda just wraps up.

The GTA4 DLC is shorter and felt like it had less filler. Therefore I found myself enjoying that content more than the base game. Its in my backlog to eventually play again. I'd be a pig in shit if it came to X1 BC.

I really enjoyed GTAV, one of my favorites of last gen. Maybe you just werent in the mood for it?

I've tried GTAV a few different times. Actually I still play it sometimes while I'm watching the UFC in between fights when I have nothing else to play. Just can't get into it the story is to blah to me. I lost my last save that had me all the way up to when the methhead arrives. Now I'm working my way back up to that to see if I end up liking it but so far nothing.