By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Offense(s)" you will never forgive/forget from one of your favorite devs/gaming companies

I am talking about a dev or gaming company that perhaps did or didn't do something you wanted that personally struck you hard and  - no matter how much you used to love, may still love, or will keep on loving them - you just can't let it go, even if it just means you will never forget that "offense".

Any example of the above happening to you guys?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Ubisoft with their DRM nonsense. Never bought a ubisoft game since then!

Heck, Ubisoft had a humble bundle thing not too long ago with some pretty good deals but I didn't get any cause of Uplay. Fuck that company.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Crystal Dynamics...not that I really ever loved them, but I thought that Anniversary and Underworld were pretty good...and then they made this...thing...called Tomb Raider Reboot.

Interplay for selling Fallout IP to Bethesda.

That's tough. Grudges like that, when you're dealing with a big company and lot of different developers, that's kind of hard to justify. I'll get furious about stuff but eventually realize it's not a big deal.

I mean, if they get better and produce a better game, then I'm hurting myself by not playing it.

EA for killing Bullfrog. EA for killing Westwood. EA for killing Maxis. EA for dlc and rehash overload. EA for that pukeworthy Dungeon Keeper mobile f2p disaster... man I hate that company.... But I liked the SSX games.

Around the Network

Ubisoft - Replacing Michael Ironside, ruining Rainbow Six and over hyping Watch Dogs.
Bungie - Making Destiny
Activision - Making MW3
Capcom - Generally making crap games.
Gearbox - Aliens Colonial Marines

EA was on the list too, but have redeemed themselves for having playable Sikhs in BF1.

Color Splash.

I'm now filled with determination.

RARE, for destroy his own name and reputation!

In Sony We Trust!

Nintendo- Managing to be the first company to make god-like games and shitty games in the same generation.

EA- Making you buy an entirely new sports game just to have some tweaks. Tweaks are typically small enough to be a several gigabyte patch.

Ubisoft- Went downhill. Don't know what happened to their games.

Sony- Killing the Vita

Microsoft- Making what can possibly be the worst launch ever for a console.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Federation force