By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Offense(s)" you will never forgive/forget from one of your favorite devs/gaming companies

thatguymarco said:
Color Splash.

I second that.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Around the Network

Nintendo - believing everyone will eat their absurds excuses for the constant delays.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Nintendo - believing everyone will eat their absurds excuses for EVERYTHING.

Fixed that for ya'. Also, a lot of people DO eat their absurd excuses, so Ninty isn't really wrong on believing people will fall for their BS. Still an offense to our intelligence, though.

I'm now filled with determination.

Forgivable Companies:
EA - Dungeon Keeper Mobile

Square-Enix - Modern Final Fantasy, terrible time management/priorities, splitting games up

Nintendo - Modern Metroid, modern Paper Mario, the "we stopped trying" era of Wii U games

Warner Bros. - All the Arkham games bollocks

Sega - Sonic Boom, the companies fear of success with Sonic. Seriously is Generations 2 that hard to make?

UNforgivable Companies:
Ubisoft - Being Ubisoft

Capcom - Megaman

Konami - Being the worst #FucKonami

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

GoOnKid said:

EA for killing Bullfrog. EA for killing Westwood. EA for killing Maxis. EA for dlc and rehash overload. EA for that pukeworthy Dungeon Keeper mobile f2p disaster... man I hate that company....

Couldn't have said it better myself really.

Besides solely being money-grabbers and I never liked them even when I was just a wee-boy, EA seems adamant to destroy everything I ever liked in my childhood. They have already begun with Star Wars now. There will never be a game sporting the EA logo in my house again. A boycott which I'm proud to say has been going strong for well over a decade, too bad more aren't doing the same.

Around the Network

Aliens Colonial Marines

Blizzard canceling their new MMO to instead give us yet another vs shooter (and no, I don't care how good Overwatch turned out), thus continuing to stagnate a genre absolutely desperate for new life.

Aliens Colonial Marines

The Rome 2 Total War launch and preorder DLC nonsense

Aliens Colonial Marines

Konami over the past several years. 

And of course, Aliens Colonial Marines

Sony, to go broad, for their TERRIBLE treatment of second level franchises from 2011-2013. There are a bunch of them but specifically the one that I will never forgive them for is PlayStation All-Stars. They cut ties with Superbot after the game came out and exceeded sales expectations slightly, handed development over to Santa Monica, and stopped caring. SSM (now SMS) then dropped all PSAS support to make Ascension microtransactions despite the former game charting higher every month besides launch month on PSN and consistently placing in the top 10, with the latter game being effectively DOA within three weeks.

Then the PSAS fanbase (the largest official forum fanbase the company has ever had) found out that they cancelled two of the big characters we were asking for, because they pushed those two back to release Zeus from GoW and Isaac from Dead Space as advertisement characters first. So instead of Dart and Abe from Oddworld, we got characters that nobody wanted, both to advertise and give an excuse for dropping support due to low sales of these two characters.

THEN, I personally started the petition for #ReleaseDart, and the fanbase entered full campaign mode trying to get SOMETHING to finalize the game - the moment growing large enough to get mentioned on several gaming sites. Eventually they caved and promised us a final balance patch - a decent compromise. It'd be out by fall 2013, according to SSM. The final day of the legal definition of "fall," they tell us that it's getting started now, with one guy working on it. So for six months they lied to us and told us they were working on it with a team of people, while they did no such thing. Credit to the guy, he took ALL the fan input and made a hell of a patch by himself, but it took five to six MORE months for that to happen just to make sure the fanbase fell apart before it could continue any campaigning.

They did this with other games too, but the middle finger that the PSAS fanbase got from Sony and SSM ensured that I will never buy a SSM game new. I will specifically buy GoW4 used if I buy it (which I likely won't); if they don't want me as a fan they're not going to get paid from me.

Sony has gotten generally better with this since then but they're the ones who called the shots on this and other insanely questionable decisions so I hold them just as responsible.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Nintendo: Ruining Mario Party and Paper Mario.

hershel_layton said:
Nintendo- Managing to be the first company to make god-like games and shitty games in the same generation.

EA- Making you buy an entirely new sports game just to have some tweaks. Tweaks are typically small enough to be a several gigabyte patch.

Ubisoft- Went downhill. Don't know what happened to their games.

Sony- Killing the Vita

Microsoft- Making what can possibly be the worst launch ever for a console.

You're kidding right? OoT was a few MB's in size, Mario Galaxy just a few gigs. That's an entire game or many games over worth of changes.

Capcom - how they treat megaman and SF5

Nintendo - how they treat there fans and policies, Star fox.

Ubisoft - for having so much talent but crap games