By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Holy crap! Halo 5 is 87.2 GB!!!

Thoughts?

My god! Yes games are big... 98 56.00%

You know I still have the... 37 21.14%

This is nothing! My exter... 27 15.43%

Something else (say it below)... 13 7.43%

Total:175

We have a generation in which game sizes can be massive. 40 GB, 50 GB, even 60+ GB. But I was curious today to see just how large a game could get on my console, and sure enough when I saw Halo 5's size, my jaw dropped. Now there are some pretty big games on here as well. GTA V clocks in at a fattening 66 GB, and Halo MCC which is a REMASTER has almost 63 GB of storage all used up. But almost 90 GB used for one single game is just insane. Considering a blu-ray disk can only hold 50 GB, that means around 40 GB need to be downloaded through patches. My god I feel sorry for the poor fella who has rural internet. And considering the majority of 360 games didn't even use 10 GB, it is a very large jump indeed.

I ain't complaining though. I mean as you can see I have 3.9 TB left of storage, so I won't be running out for a long time! Just hope you still don't have the standard 500 GB console, as I assume you're probably having to delete games all the time :).

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

I do have the standard 500 gb Xbone and just got Halo 5 a couple weeks ago. Needless to say I had to delete quite a few things to free up space for that monster.

Ka-pi96 said:
Well I've seen people lately suggesting that game size correlates with game quality, so I guess that means Halo 5 is the game of the generation

Its not the best game ever (not even the best Halo), but it has a ton of multiplayer content. I'd say its on par with Halo 3 at least.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

I downloaded it and it's surprisingly great but the free trial should be running out soon. I'm debating if i should just go ahead and buy it.

Loll what the fuck??? What does it have that takes up soo much space? 10 hours of hidden 4k Cortana hentai?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I downloaded it and it's surprisingly great but the free trial should be running out soon. I'm debating if i should just go ahead and buy it.

Well if you enjoyed the game, I think you should get it. I've seen it for $25 on the american amazon site, so its certainly not that expensive. Campaign is disappointing, but the multiplayer is excellent and very addicting.

Yeah that game just keep on growing. They are adding so much content that it is pretty insane. It isn´t the best Halo (4 has that Crown IMO) but by far the best MP. And Firefight is HARD! :)

d21lewis said:

You really should its one of the best Xbox ones games this generation. 

d21lewis said:

Have u got fast internet?

And how long is the trial, 2 hours? What's your history with Halo games d21lewis?

I don't think I have played anything after Halo 3, but I would certainly want to play the next Halo if it comes to PC.

Here is my "something else say below". Whoevers bright idea it was to force game installs on the gaming public is a dope. The Wii-U got it right in that department.