By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Holy crap! Halo 5 is 87.2 GB!!!

Thoughts?

My god! Yes games are big... 98 56.00%

You know I still have the... 37 21.14%

This is nothing! My exter... 27 15.43%

Something else (say it below)... 13 7.43%

Total:175

All the more reason I prefer physical. Geez that game will take a huge chunk out of my bandwidth limit.

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:
d21lewis said:
I downloaded it and it's surprisingly great but the free trial should be running out soon. I'm debating if i should just go ahead and buy it.

Well if you enjoyed the game, I think you should get it. I've seen it for $25 on the american amazon site, so its certainly not that expensive. Campaign is disappointing, but the multiplayer is excellent and very addicting.

So it is disappointing, eh. Wasn't this Halo supposed to be a bit more open with the level design, and that you could approach targets more to your liking?

Slimebeast said:
barneystinson69 said:

Well if you enjoyed the game, I think you should get it. I've seen it for $25 on the american amazon site, so its certainly not that expensive. Campaign is disappointing, but the multiplayer is excellent and very addicting.

So it is disappointing, eh. Wasn't this Halo supposed to be a bit more open with the level design, and that you could approach targets more to your liking?

It has a lot of virticallity, but it certainly isn't more open than say Halo 4. And the story is confusing for anyone who hasn't gone into the lore of Halo.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

That's the problem with having bigger media, companies don't bother to even try and lower the size of their games. NBA 2k16 for example is 45gb..... 45 GIGABYTES. WHY!?!?!

2k14 was 9gb.....

Almost every game on the market is far bigger than it needs to be.

Barkley said:
That's the problem with having bigger media, companies don't bother to even try and lower the size of their games. NBA 2k16 for example is 45gb..... 45 GIGABYTES. WHY!?!?!

2k14 was 9gb.....

Well people demand better graphics, thus that is the trade-off.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

Meh, Quantum Break has ~120 GB with optional video files.

Barkley said:

2k14 was 9gb.....

Wait what? What's with the huge amount of space since 2k14 only had 9gb? Did they add any special features or  something?  

barneystinson69 said:
Barkley said:

2k14 was 9gb.....

Games don't need to be this big to have better graphics, companies just aren't trying as hard to reduce file size. You could have a game with the exact same quality with half the file size. Sony were guilty of this on ps3 due to the bluray. Crack in Time is 25gb big, there's no way that game couldn't have been on the 360 with just as good graphics.

All companies care about is it fitting on the disc, once it does they don't care anymore, that's why you get so many ps4/xbo games that are 45-50gb, pretty much exactly the size the physical media can hold, because companies don't try and reduce the size any further. Which is a pain in the ass for buying stuff digitally.

Another example, Uncharted 3 GOTY on ps3 is 43.5gb, Uncharted the Nathan Drake Collection (which has 3 whole games in it and has better graphics) is 44.46gb. All companies just aim to fit it on the disc when it could be so much smaller.

Barkley said:
barneystinson69 said:

Games don't need to be this big to have better graphics, companies just aren't trying as hard to reduce file size. You could have a game with the exact same quality with half the file size. Sony were guilty of this on ps3 due to the bluray. Crack in Time is 25gb big, there's no way that game couldn't have been on the 360 with just as good graphics.

All companies care about is it fitting on the disc, once it does they don't care anymore, that's why you get so many ps4/xbo games that are 45-50gb, pretty much exactly the size the physical media can hold, because companies don't try and reduce the size any further. Which is a pain in the ass for buying stuff digitally.

Another example, Uncharted 3 GOTY on ps3 is 43.5gb, Uncharted the Nathan Drake Collection (which has 3 whole games in it and has better graphics) is 44.46gb. All companies just aim to fit it on the disc when it could be so much smaller.

Uncharted 3 GOTY has the multiplayer and DLC, and had many patches to the game.

Just how wastefull of space are game developers these days?

*edit: Not sure the game length and graphics justify a 87 gb size. It comes down to them not wanting to work on keeping file sizes small.