Forums - Sony Discussion - I hope Sony does not listen to Microsoft call for open online gaming

Azuren said:

1. No, it kind of does. If you state everything you want, and then say you don't want whatever product does exactly that then you're just being silly. "I want a device that uses a capacitive touch screen with access to a large store of applications ranging from games to special-purpose tools that can send emails, text messages, and call people. NO I DON'T WANT A SMART PHONE." 

2. Ass backwards is kind of redundant; you'd just be facing forward. Based on this silly logic, anything that's ass backwards will only continue to move forward, whereas "ass forwards" stuff will continue to move backward.

1. No, it's being a consumer. It's not saying you don't want a smartphone; it's saying you don't want Apple or you don't want Android, two competing platforms who aren't stupid enough to artificially segregate their consumers.

2. It doesn't mean facing forward. How can you call it redundant and then completely mess up what it means? Ass is reinforcing backwards. It's as backwards as someone's ass. That's what it means. It's moving backwards.

Well, this is new.

Read.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:

MS want to compete with STEAM. its just they've got to climb mountain everest naked carrying a camel first.  

I wish them luck but if this fails all it will have done is damage their console.  Why buy a x1  if you game on pc when the pc gets all its exclusives.  Pc + ps4 will be a better option.  

Maybe down the road MS may want to compete with Steam, but as of 2016, they want to coexist with Steam by offering exclusive content. MS even has games on Steam. Again, people can use both Windows Store and Steam. Its just a different icon in Windows 10.

As long as people are buying their games for X1 or Windows 10, I think MS is okay with that. Most PC gamers are just PC gamers, especially outside the west. So thats an audience MS is interested in.

Want to co-exist?  LooooooL 

If they had the option they would choose to dominate.  They are content with co-existing with Steam because they have no choice.  Steam is DOMINATING that market.  

Just like Sony DOMINATE the console space.  You think MS are happing being the small guy in the market?  Of course not. 

Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Maybe down the road MS may want to compete with Steam, but as of 2016, they want to coexist with Steam by offering exclusive content. MS even has games on Steam. Again, people can use both Windows Store and Steam. Its just a different icon in Windows 10.

As long as people are buying their games for X1 or Windows 10, I think MS is okay with that. Most PC gamers are just PC gamers, especially outside the west. So thats an audience MS is interested in.

If they had the option they would choose to dominate.  They are content with co-existing with Steam because they have no choice.  Steam is DOMINATING that market.  

Just like Sony DOMINATE the console space.  You think MS are happing being the small guy in the market?  Of course not. 

Yep, poor MS. Its a shame they don't have the option to dominate everything.

God knows Sony and Valve dominate everything they do.

Recently Completed
Gears 5
for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:

Once again you bring up an irrelevant tangent.  I said they'd like to which they would.  In response to your laughable comment about them being satisfied just taking part.  Multi billion companies don't think like that. 

Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Once again you bring up an irrelevant tangent.  I said they'd like to which they would.  In response to your laughable comment about them being satisfied just taking part.  Multi billion companies don't think like that. 

I'm saying its okay they don't dominate the console and PC gaming space, as long as its viable. No company dominates everything they're involved with.

If they wanna dominate PC gaming and the console market, I guess they oughta consider spending more money even if it no longer becomes a profitable endeavor.

Recently Completed
Gears 5
for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Well... I agree with you on keeping their exclusives on Playstation... but for Windows based equipment they can always offer PSNow

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

spemanig said:
Azuren said:

1. No, it kind of does. If you state everything you want, and then say you don't want whatever product does exactly that then you're just being silly. "I want a device that uses a capacitive touch screen with access to a large store of applications ranging from games to special-purpose tools that can send emails, text messages, and call people. NO I DON'T WANT A SMART PHONE." 

2. Ass backwards is kind of redundant; you'd just be facing forward. Based on this silly logic, anything that's ass backwards will only continue to move forward, whereas "ass forwards" stuff will continue to move backward.

1. No, it's being a consumer. It's not saying you don't want a smartphone; it's saying you don't want Apple or you don't want Android, two competing platforms who aren't stupid enough to artificially segregate their consumers.

2. It doesn't mean facing forward. How can you call it redundant and then completely mess up what it means? Ass is reinforcing backwards. It's as backwards as someone's ass. That's what it means. It's moving backwards.

1. Nope. We're not comparing Xbox to PlayStation (which would be apt to compare to Android/Apple), we're comparing a desk-centric everything machine to a livingroom-centric media machine. 

2. Try harder. Ass is already facing backwards, to say an ass is backwards is redundant or double-negative. I'm aware it is a common idiom, but as long as we're picking at everything everyone else says, I figured I may as well have fun, too.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

DonFerrari said:
Well... I agree with you on keeping their exclusives on Playstation... but for Windows based equipment they can always offer PSNow

I highly doubt we will see PSNow on Windows, not this gen atleast. But I hope I'm wrong.

Recently Completed
Gears 5

Mr Puggsly said:
DonFerrari said:

I highly doubt we will see PSNow on Windows, not this gen atleast. But I hope I'm wrong.

If they are willing to offer it on TVs, android based (and after Xperia it seems they want to offer it at samsung and others) it will come to windows eventually. But surelly I may be completely wrong.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

DonFerrari said:
Mr Puggsly said:

If they are willing to offer it on TVs, android based (and after Xperia it seems they want to offer it at samsung and others) it will come to windows eventually. But surelly I may be completely wrong.

I think Sony perceives Windows as too much a threat to do that.

If Sony really wanted to make PSNow available to a big audience, they should start with Windows.

Recently Completed
Gears 5