By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eiji Aonuma all but confirms Skyward sword HD

That would imply the NX supports Wiimotes which can't be the case given the unified library concept. Using Wiimotes with a handheld just doesn't work.

Around the Network

I'd love to get that on Wii U, since I'm not going to buy the original one, unless I can find an excellent deal.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

It will happen eventually, like with all the other Zelda games

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I wonder if it will require wii mote support.

Einsam_Delphin said:

That would imply the NX supports Wiimotes which can't be the case given the unified library concept. Using Wiimotes with a handheld just doesn't work.

Even motion controls are huge part of game, I am sure they can redone controls and cut out motion controls for remaster in favour of classic controlers, and most likly that will be the case.

Around the Network
LuckyTrouble said:
If they redo the entire control scheme, I would consider picking the game up. As it stands, the control scheme was novel on the Wii, but it got really old, really fast doing the same repeated sword swing motions with the Wii remote. Overall the game had several major issues for me, but the annoying motion controls were top of the list.

I'm not defending or butchering Skyward Swords controls here, but you can't use repeated swing motions as a valid argument. Every other game is just repeated button pressing when you think about it (you don't need to think very hard either)

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

ktay95 said:
danielrdp said:

Well, It could still come to Wii U even if it releases 2018. Nintendo said that the NX is not a replacement for the Wii U.  But honest, that's a lot of Zelda games in the same generation. 

If it releases on WiiU that would be every 3D Zelda released in 1 generation. Man Nintendo really have milked Zelda this gen. 

Anouma said they went into this Zelda wanting to take the franchise in a different direction following some criticism of the linear nature of Skyward sword and the simultaneous success of Skyrim, and so they intentionally revisited the past games to give the team a sense of where the series has been. It already paid off with Link Between Worlds in my opinion.

Regardless, I rather hope they do rerelease skyward sword on the Nx as it's the one Zelda title I missed out on and I'd rather not have to use motion controls.

Johnw1104 said:
ktay95 said:

If it releases on WiiU that would be every 3D Zelda released in 1 generation. Man Nintendo really have milked Zelda this gen. 

Anouma said they went into this Zelda wanting to take the franchise in a different direction following some criticism of the linear nature of Skyward sword and the simultaneous success of Skyrim, and so they intentionally revisited the past games to give the team a sense of where the series has been. It already paid off with Link Between Worlds in my opinion.

Regardless, I rather hope they do rerelease skyward sword on the Nx as it's the one Zelda title I missed out on and I'd rather not have to use motion controls.

I am 100% positive that SS HD want be Wii U title at all, most likle will 2018. NX title.

Miyamotoo said:

Even motion controls are huge part of game, I am sure they can redone controls and cut out motion controls for remaster in favour of classic controlers, and most likly that will be the case.

That would solve some problems for sure, though motion controls aren't just tacked on here, they're essential to the game's dumbed down battle system where you just stand there waiting for the opponent to awkwardly reveal a weak point in their defense. Well I guess you could use the right stick to swing your sword and the direction you tilt on the stick is the direction your sword swing follows, but meh, I still wouldn't give this game a second chance even if motion controls were entirely optional/removed. That's how much I disliked it even beyond the motion!

Paatar said:

I'm not defending or butchering Skyward Swords controls here, but you can't use repeated swing motions as a valid argument. Every other game is just repeated button pressing when you think about it (you don't need to think very hard either)

You can since swinging motions and pressing a button are quite different, namely the former being far more tiresome and preventing you from relaxing while playing.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Miyamotoo said:

That would solve some problems for sure, though motion controls aren't just tacked on here, they're essential to the game's dumbed down battle system where you just stand there waiting for the opponent to awkwardly reveal a weak point in their defense. Well I guess you could use the right stick to swing your sword and the direction you tilt on the stick is the direction your sword swing follows, but meh, I still wouldn't give this game a second chance even if motion controls were entirely optional/removed. That's how much I disliked it even beyond the motion!

I enjoyed game very much (more than I enyojed Twilight Princes) regardless motion controls, motion controls are ok for me, great in some parts little annoying in some other parts, definitely wouldn't change so much experience to me.