By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eiji Aonuma all but confirms Skyward sword HD

onionberry said:

i don't think that's the main reason, the game has awesome dungeons and the story is really good. Lanayru mine and the whole lanayru desert is one of the best concept on any zelda game.

The dungeons and story are good but outside of that the game is pretty plain with out the controls because the actions you're constantly doing through the controls are immersive.

Around the Network

That's way too soon. It's also the least memorable game in the series. The concept with the present and past feature was pretty good. Nothing else comes to my mind.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Peh said:
That's way too soon. It's also the least memorable game in the series. The concept with the present and past feature was pretty good. Nothing else comes to my mind.

If they release Skyward Sword HD in sometime in 2018, that definitely wouldn't be too soon. Its almost certain they will not release it this or next year.

Miyamotoo said:
Peh said:

If they release Skyward Sword HD in sometime in 2018, that definitely wouldn't be too soon. Its almost certain they will not release it this or next year.

Well, despite the criticism the game got, was it even profitable for Nintendo and does it even make sense to remaster it in HD?

From the people who bougt it on WII. Would they consider it buying again? I for instance wouldn't.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Peh said:
Miyamotoo said:

Well, despite the criticism the game got, was it even profitable for Nintendo and does it even make sense to remaster it in HD?

From the people who bougt it on WII. Would they consider it buying again? I for instance wouldn't.

SS definatly didnt had huge team and recources like Zelda BotW, huge amount of development time definitely went on implaying motion controls. Zelda BotW is becoming profitable just with 2m sold of copies, so SS definatly needed less copies than that to be profitable, and its sold around 4m. Ports are easy and fast, SS HD would sell at least around 1m on NX, and thats more than enuf to make great profit on just a HD port.

Why people consider buying Zelda WW HD or TP HD HD, why people buying HD ports at all!? Definitely some people would buy WHAT, not to mention that few years already you cant find anywhere copy of SS, and prices on Ebay are ridiculous. I know I would buy it, like I buy every Zelda game.

Around the Network
archbrix said:
Not all that excited honestly but I'd still probably get it, motion controls and all. The biggest problem with the controls for me was that you couldn't actively turn motion on or off with a button press.

For example, an enemy would block on Link's left, so you'd need to hit his vulnerable side from Link's right. However, getting your hand into position to hit him from the right would often cause a left swipe first. If the motion could be activated by holding down a button, you could position your hand however you wanted before activating the sword swipe.

I also hated having to motion swipe every frick'n time I just wanted to cut some grass. Like someone else said, it got old really fast, and the fact that Link couldn't run and swing his sword like in TP felt like a step back for me. Overall I think they did some creative things with the controls, but I certainly hope they never go that route again.

Still miles better than the horrid control choice in the DS games though.

But A Link Between Worlds game had good controls.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

BasilZero said:

A Skyward sword HD so soon after TP HD?

I dont think so....maybe somewhere along halfway the next nintendo system's life cycle.

I mean, it's not an issue of development time.  Skyward Sword is an extremely accomplished game on the Wii.  Increase the texture resolutions, adjust the detail distance so that the full detail draws out further, put in some AA, and of course output it in HD and you've got a pretty dang pretty game already.  

Metroid33slayer said:
Soleron said:
What are they going to do when everything's upgraded to HD? They'd have to start making original games!

Skyward sword VR, Ocarina of time VR, Twilight princess VR and so on ...... lol.

Lol.

Ot: Would be interested to see a version without the motion controls and see how they will solve the different actions.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I feel like I should replay Skyward Sword soon...
I actually don't remember much of it...
I remember thinking it has a strong ending and pretty good story but that the world was the most uninteresting of any Zelda title...
And the Demise fights were a dreadfully dull chore...

Have a nice day...

hershel_layton said:
archbrix said:
Not all that excited honestly but I'd still probably get it, motion controls and all. The biggest problem with the controls for me was that you couldn't actively turn motion on or off with a button press.

For example, an enemy would block on Link's left, so you'd need to hit his vulnerable side from Link's right. However, getting your hand into position to hit him from the right would often cause a left swipe first. If the motion could be activated by holding down a button, you could position your hand however you wanted before activating the sword swipe.

I also hated having to motion swipe every frick'n time I just wanted to cut some grass. Like someone else said, it got old really fast, and the fact that Link couldn't run and swing his sword like in TP felt like a step back for me. Overall I think they did some creative things with the controls, but I certainly hope they never go that route again.

Still miles better than the horrid control choice in the DS games though.

But A Link Between Worlds game had good controls.

Indeed it did.  That game was wonderful.

I'm so glad that Nintendo wised up with Zelda controls for both handhelds and consoles.