By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony: Xbox/Windows 10 Unification Won't Affect Our Strategy

Snoopy said:

Sony loses money every year pretty much unless they sell off their buildings or something.

How old are you, exactly?

Around the Network

A good example of how MS plan for cross-platform releases might pay of. My nephew wasn't interested in getting Sea of Thieves since so few of his friends have an X1. He will now get it because it is also released on PC where most of his friends game :). I hope Sony will follow suit but I think they as well see PC as mainly a PC platform

Puppyroach said:
A good example of how MS plan for cross-platform releases might pay of. My nephew wasn't interested in getting Sea of Thieves since so few of his friends have an X1. He will now get it because it is also released on PC where most of his friends game :). I hope Sony will follow suit but I think they as well see PC as mainly a PC platform

Who knows. Few years ago Sony said that they wanted to bring playstation games to TVs, tablets and mobiles with the Playstation Now. The idea to move beyond the playstation hardware faded with the sucess of the PS4, but who knows what they'll plan for the future. 

maverick40 said:
KLAMarine said:

So they can play with friends who own an XBox1

If you wanted to play with friends, why would you buy the opposite console that your friends are playing on? 

Why should Sony care about this problem that affects not even 1% of the gamer population?

If someone wants to play with their friends that badly, they wold have bought the same console. 

One doesn't always foresee these things.

Snoopy said:
aLkaLiNE said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_publisher

http://www.statista.com/statistics/273838/revenue-of-the-largest-video-game-publishers-worldwide/#

https://thecorporateculture.com/2015/profitable-companies-gaming-industry/

Also, right on your source, it says *based on estimates. 

And it's talking about revenue, not profit.

Sony wins.

If we are talking about profits Microsoft wins. Sony loses money every year pretty much unless they sell off their buildings or something.

We know someone completely lost the argument and is resorting to anything they can to brag a win is using the "sony is selling buildings" card that happened like 3 years ago.

Snoopy said:
DonFerrari said:

I'm still waiting to see what is the plan to profit back from this aquisition

Microsoft already broke even a while ago. Microsoft only needed to make millions to break even.

Please explain to me in which university you studied economy because I'll ask their course to be demoted... you don't expend billions and hit BREAK EVEN or ROI with some millions because that would be what the interest rate would generated in one month.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Lol let me trade this 2.5 billion for a couple million that i could have made in intrest anyway..

Microsoft will have 2.5 billion dollars in cash in the bank if they didn't buy Minecraft. Instead they have 2.5 billion in assets by buying out Minecraft. Minecraft generates enough money each year to cover the amount of money they would of made if they left the money in the bank. Come on guys, you're making this too easy.

Snoopy said:
Microsoft will have 2.5 billion dollars in cash in the bank if they didn't buy Minecraft. Instead they have 2.5 billion in assets by buying out Minecraft. Minecraft generates enough money each year to cover the amount of money they would of made if they left the money in the bank. Come on guys, you're making this too easy.

Sorry, ROI doesn't work like that... and they don't have 2.5B in assets with it. Have you see their financial book listing 2.5B in assets for Minecraft?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Snoopy said:
aLkaLiNE said:

That's hella moving goal posts dude, your link is talking about gaming software revenue, not the other branches of the company. This really just makes you come off as a sore loser who won't acknowledge something that doesn't suit his agenda.

As for your MineCraft post, how does Microsoft spend $2 billion to acquire a company but only need back millions to profit? Are you just putting words together and hoping they stick? 

You said "Sony wins" and I said they didn't because they lose money. If you said playstation then yes I could understand your situation a little. Nobody knows exactly what Sony and Microsoft makes in regards to profit in gaming because they are smashed together with entertainment division. I just gave you a link to a credible source which indicates Microsoft is doing better. The sources you gave isn't really credible like wikipedia because people edit it all the time.

Minecraft only needs to make millions because if they kept the 2.5 billion in the bank it would only generate Microsoft millions in interest. So they spend it on Minecraft. Basic business son.

Sony  and Nintendo actually release their Profits with their gaming divisions. I think that last year Nintendo made 350+ Millions and Sony 800-1 Billion.

Microsoft will need to sell a lot of Minecraft at other plataforms for 20US$ to break even, it can take  over a decade or even more.

Swordmasterman said:
Snoopy said:

You said "Sony wins" and I said they didn't because they lose money. If you said playstation then yes I could understand your situation a little. Nobody knows exactly what Sony and Microsoft makes in regards to profit in gaming because they are smashed together with entertainment division. I just gave you a link to a credible source which indicates Microsoft is doing better. The sources you gave isn't really credible like wikipedia because people edit it all the time.

Minecraft only needs to make millions because if they kept the 2.5 billion in the bank it would only generate Microsoft millions in interest. So they spend it on Minecraft. Basic business son.

Sony  and Nintendo actually release their Profits with their gaming divisions. I think that last year Nintendo made 350+ Millions and Sony 800-1 Billion.

Microsoft will need to sell a lot of Minecraft at other plataforms for 20US$ to break even, it can take  over a decade or even more.

No, because they have 2.5 billion in assets with mincecraft.