By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony: Xbox/Windows 10 Unification Won't Affect Our Strategy

aLkaLiNE said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:

Yep. To hell with proper sentence structure. :)

Please ): I read that a certain way in my mind and it breaks me.

I was saying it like a ramble. Hopefully it reads that way.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
Lawlight said:

Which ips are those?

Gears and Minecraft.

No, Gears isn't a multi billion IP.

Ruler said:
pokoko said:

Apple isn't close to selling the most computers and never has been.

http://fortune.com/2016/04/12/dude-youre-getting-a-mac/

"Apple sales outpaced the market, ranking the company as the fourth-largest PC seller worldwide."

It's literally the first sentence in the article you posted.  Apple computer sales are usually less than half of what HP or Lenovo post.

Windows 10 gaming pc + xbox one = bigger install base than Sony. Deal with it.

Snoopy said:

and still nearly all multiplat games will sell more on playstation^^

Around the Network
Sprash said:
Snoopy said:

Microsoft makes more money on gaming software than Sony and money is the only thing that matters when it comes to companies. 

Lawlight said:
Snoopy said:

Gears and Minecraft.

Nobody knows excactly how much Gears is worth now, but it is estimated to be over a billion. With Gears being funded and pushed by Microsoft fully it will more than likely be over 2 billion easily. Almost a tenth of what Sony is worth as a company which is amazing if you think about it.

Snoopy said:
Lawlight said:

Nobody knows excactly how much Gears is worth now, but it is estimated to be over a billion. With Gears being funded and pushed by Microsoft fully it will more than likely be over 2 billion easily. Almost a tenth of what Sony is worth as a company which is amazing if you think about it.

Well if you add all the games sales on this site together, then assume every game was sold at the full launch price of $60 that's under $1.4 billion revenue, and the IP is worth a lot less than that.

If Minecraft is only worth $2.5 Billion then Gears is worth less than a billion as an IP, easily.

Snoopy said:
Sprash said:

Microsoft makes more money on gaming software than Sony and money is the only thing that matters when it comes to companies. 

May I laugh to my heart brim?

How does MS make from SW than Sony? They take no fee on Windows games and their licensing fee is probably similar to Sony on the Xbox and selling a lot less so how could they be making more? Or are you putting the revenue of Windows itself on the count?

And sorry to burst your bubble but even if you say Windows machines put together are more than PS4 (don't forget that it wasn't because of Minecraft so your point was pointless) the sales of PC+X1 is usually lower than PS4.

So what are you talking about?

How they say it? Better stop while you are losing?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Snoopy said:
Sprash said:

The only thing that matters is that you as a consumer, can get a system you enjoy, with lots of games you want on it.

That mainly comes from haveing a high install base (developers go where the install base is).