By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony: Xbox/Windows 10 Unification Won't Affect Our Strategy

Translation "We think that Exclusives are important for a Console".

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
Lawlight said:

No, Gears isn't a multi billion IP.

Nobody knows excactly how much Gears is worth now, but it is estimated to be over a billion. With Gears being funded and pushed by Microsoft fully it will more than likely be over 2 billion easily. Almost a tenth of what Sony is worth as a company which is amazing if you think about it.

1 week after the release of Gears 3, the franchise had generated $1B in revenue.

Snoopy said:
Sprash said:

and still nearly all multiplat games will sell more on playstation^^

Microsoft makes more money on gaming software than Sony and money is the only thing that matters when it comes to companies. 

No..... Third Party software makes a HELL of a lot of money. Microsoft does not get any money from third party software selling on PC. Sony gets a cut from every Thrid Party ps4 game sold, as Microsoft gets a cut from every third party XBO game sold, but the PS4 sells far more software than the XBO.

Sony make far more money from gaming software, it's not even a contest.

Snoopy said:
Windows 10 gaming pc + xbox one = bigger install base than Sony. Deal with it.

The Windows Install Base only counts towards first party Microsoft titles, as stated above until Microsoft gets a cut of every Third Party game sold on Windows it should not be considered part of their installbase as it is FAR FAR less valuable to them than a gamer invested in their Xbox Eco System.

DonFerrari said:
Snoopy said:

Microsoft makes more money on gaming software than Sony and money is the only thing that matters when it comes to companies. 

May I laugh to my heart brim?

How does MS make from SW than Sony? They take no fee on Windows games and their licensing fee is probably similar to Sony on the Xbox and selling a lot less so how could they be making more? Or are you putting the revenue of Windows itself on the count?

And sorry to burst your bubble but even if you say Windows machines put together are more than PS4 (don't forget that it wasn't because of Minecraft so your point was pointless) the sales of PC+X1 is usually lower than PS4.

So what are you talking about?

How they say it? Better stop while you are losing?

Here you go buckaroo.

https://newzoo.com/insights/rankings/top-25-companies-game-revenues/

Microsoft wins.

Snoopy said:
Sprash said:

What's the basis for that?  Minecraft?  I doubt it's generated a profit yet, though it shouldn within the next couple of years.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
Lawlight said:

No, Gears isn't a multi billion IP.

Nobody knows excactly how much Gears is worth now, but it is estimated to be over a billion. With Gears being funded and pushed by Microsoft fully it will more than likely be over 2 billion easily. Almost a tenth of what Sony is worth as a company which is amazing if you think about it.

The revenue made by Gears of War is something below 2 Billions, a Franchise is not meassured by the revenue. A franchise is meassured by how much profit they will be able to make in the following years.

Dragon Quest + Final Fantasy sold 175-180 Millions of units and even so Square Enix is worth 1-1.5 Billions If I can remember well.

Snoopy said:
DonFerrari said:

May I laugh to my heart brim?

How does MS make from SW than Sony? They take no fee on Windows games and their licensing fee is probably similar to Sony on the Xbox and selling a lot less so how could they be making more? Or are you putting the revenue of Windows itself on the count?

And sorry to burst your bubble but even if you say Windows machines put together are more than PS4 (don't forget that it wasn't because of Minecraft so your point was pointless) the sales of PC+X1 is usually lower than PS4.

So what are you talking about?

How they say it? Better stop while you are losing?

Here you go buckaroo.

https://newzoo.com/insights/rankings/top-25-companies-game-revenues/

Microsoft wins.

Too bad that includes Live/PS+ and not include royalties right? So now considering PS+ is increasing against Gold and PS4 is getting more licesing fees due to volume how does your math will cover for it?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Snoopy said:
Sprash said:

Where did you get your numbers?

Snoopy said:
Microsoft is being smart by combining windows 10 and xbox one together. This will increase their chances of success. Not only this, but by creating consoles without generations, this means xbox will never start at 0 when we begin each generation. This will pretty much guranantee Microsoft video game support for a very long time. Which is all they need to to stay relevant.

There will not...Like... have any Phantom account on the  first models of Xbox One ?(Because of people who upgradade to Playstation, Nintendo or to another Xbox Model.) Or the limitation of the hardware will not affect the games made for the Xbox One ?  soon enought not even Indie games(Ark is a high demanding Indie game) will run well on the Xbox One so the console will not have limitless support like Microsoft is saying.

Lawlight said:
Snoopy said:

Where did you get your numbers?

I posted the source above.