By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. July bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

SWORDF1SH said:

#75 XB1s-2gb (up 68)  - Mistake?

That's a good call. I think Sony are going for the annoucement but also available now approach with the Slim & Neo. MS could of caught wind of this like you said and are trying to beat Sony to the punch.

Corrected the mistake. Thanks.

I find it highly unlikely that Sony would announce both the Neo and the Slim launch date just out of no where. Is there an event in August? If not then I'd suspect a NMS Bundle and possible price drop (to clear old stock) in preperation for the Slim and Neo later on. If this isn't the case and Sony don't have anything prepared for the launch of NMS then I'm going to have to say Sony 'fucked up'.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
SWORDF1SH said:

#75 XB1s-2gb (up 68)  - Mistake?

That's a good call. I think Sony are going for the annoucement but also available now approach with the Slim & Neo. MS could of caught wind of this like you said and are trying to beat Sony to the punch.

Corrected the mistake. Thanks.

I find it highly unlikely that Sony would announce bother the Neo and the Slim launch date just out of no where. Is there an event in August? If not then I'd suspect a NMS Bundle and possible price drop (to clear old stock) in preperation for the Slim and Neo later on. If this isn't the case and Sony don't have anything prepared for the launch of NMS then I'm going to have to say Sony 'fucked up'.

Gamescom is in mid August. I think it's possible they could announce both. It depends what their strategy is and it could be to go into this holiday promoting both consoles together standard and 4k.

SWORDF1SH said:

Gamescom is in mid August. I think it's possible they could announce both. It depends what their strategy is and it could be to go into this holiday promoting both consoles together standard and 4k.

Sony aren't having a conference at Gamescom though so what other events are there? I'm inclined to think Sony will drop the price of the vanilla PS4 in order to clear stock for a later date. I think NMS will be a big part of that plan.

The PS5 Exists. 

I think MS will release the 500gb xb1s in October with BF1 as their holiday bundle,

jason1637 said:
I think MS will release the 500gb xb1s in October with BF1 as their holiday bundle,

Yeah, I'd have to agree. It's a top down strategy. First grab your core audience with the XB1s 2gb and then trickle down to a new audience with you cheapest option at Christmas. It's smart.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
You know, everyone is impressed by those Pokemon sales but I'm more astounded by N3DS sales. The early signs seems to be it's not just Nintendo fans or current Pokemon fans hyped by GO, but former fans and perhaps even former gamers who are being pulled back in by the energy surrounding it. If this works, it could really set the stage for Nintendo to use their mobile ventures to rebuild and expand their core gaming ventures. Which would be brilliant.

I'm pretty sure that was the plan Iwata mentioned, create small experiences in mobiles that would entinces the users to get Nintendo hardware to expand their main business to never before seen heights or well atleast back to have "Nintendo-like" profits again.  Which is pretty much what seems to be happening with Pokemon GO, since it played the cords of nostalgia in many and is beginning to lead them back to Nintendo hardware and the main Pokemon games, aside of other evergreen titles that are also seeing boosts along the Pokemon ones, but not at such a huge level

----------------------------------------

So the Black N3DS XL no longer has a price underneath, sold out from Amazon directly, and at the moment the only options are 3rd party sellers?

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

GribbleGrunger said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Sony aren't having a conference at Gamescom though so what other events are there? I'm inclined to think Sony will drop the price of the vanilla PS4 in order to clear stock for a later date. I think NMS will be a big part of that plan.

That would leave TGS in September, Paris Euro Games Show in October and PSX in December so these can't be the reason for MS moving the Slim forward. Price drop is more likely. Not sure if they'll use NMS but Uncharted could be a good choice. Another question, if they use NMS (or Uncharted) to ckear stock in the channels, will they have to make these bundles which would defeat the purpose of trying to clear the channels. Or do they just make the sleeves that can go over normal PS4 boxes with a slot to put in the bundled game of choice. That's what they did when I bought a bundled console but that was 6 years ago.

3DS Red now over Black.

SWORDF1SH said:

That would leave TGS in September, Paris Euro Games Show in October and PSX in December so these can't be the reason for MS moving the Slim forward. Price drop is more likely. Not sure if they'll use NMS but Uncharted could be a good choice. Another question, if they use NMS (or Uncharted) to ckear stock in the channels, will they have to make these bundles which would defeat the purpose of trying to clear the channels. Or do they just make the sleeves that can go over normal PS4 boxes with a slot to put in the bundled game of choice. That's what they did when I bought a bundled console but that was 6 years ago.

What do I really think? Sony are about to shit on Hello Games and make them wish they'd never signed the deal with Sony. If Sony don't promote NMS with a big marketing deal and a bundle then they will be responsible for the biggest injustice they've ever perpertrated in many a year, and it will piss me off for quite some time. Faith and risk is something that set them apart from other companies and this will be an indication that they're just looking at the bottom line like any other company. Hello Games deserve better.

The PS5 Exists. 

4 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#06 XB1s-2gb (up 1)
#10 N3DSXL Red (up 2)
#15 XB1s-2tb Gears Bundle (up 3)
#16 N3DSXL Black (down 6)
#18 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle (up 3)
#51 XB1 3 Game Bundle (up 1)
#63 Vita (up 5)
#100 PS4 Fool's Edition (re-entry)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)