By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. July bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Shadow1980 said:

Just got this reply from Amazon's customer service:

Hello Jason,

I've reviewed your comments and I'll be glad to help you with this

Further, to correct this, I have forwarded this issue to the appropriate team in our company, I know they'll want to hear about your experience and rest assured this will be taken care of. As per experience, issues like this are fixed shortly after they've been reported.

Thanks again for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We always value this kind of feedback, as it helps us continue to improve our store and provide better service to our customers.

It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer & we want to make sure you are always taken care of.

Thank you for understanding and cooperating with us. We look forward to seeing you soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Best regards,
Chirag S

I read it as "we won't do a thing"

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

9 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#07 N3DSXL Black (same)
#12 N3DSXL Red (up 12)
#19 XB1s-2tb Gears Bundle (down 3)
#23 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle (down 1)
#34 XB1 The Division Bundle (down 7)
#59 XB1 3 Game Bundle (down 3)
#71 Vita (up 20)
#73 XB1s-2gb (up 1)
#80 XB1 NYG Bundle + Extras (down 14)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#03 3DS Pokemon S&M (same)
#04 3DS monster Hunter G (up 1)
#14 PS4 No Man's Sky (up 2)
#15 3DS Pokemon Sun (down 1)
#18 3DS Pokemon Moon (down 5)

The 3ds seems to be holding itself quite impressively, does this kind of stuff usually show on NPD results?

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

4 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#07 N3DSXL Black (same)
#15 N3DSXL Red (down 3)
#19 XB1s-2tb Gears Bundle (same)
#20 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle (up 3)
#28 XB1 The Division Bundle (up 6)
#59 XB1 3 Game Bundle (same)
#71 XB1 NYG Bundle + Extras (up 9)
#75 XB1s-2gb (down 2)
#76 Vita (down 5)

#04 3DS monster Hunter G (same)
#12 PS4 No Man's Sky (up 2)
#16 3DS Pokemon Sun (down 1)
#18 3DS Pokemon Moon (same)

The PS5 Exists. 

Ryng_Tolu said:

Pokémon is unstoppable lmao

the hype is real, no doubt about it
but we need to be cautious about assumptions whether or not this will affect sales of other pokemon games by a big margin, or not

poklane said:
Still no Uncharted 4 Standard bunduru.....

there won't be a standard bundle anytime soon. maybe a cheap option for the holiday season, because it does not cost sony money to bundle a first party game. uncharted is just not huge in america. that's why sony went with BOIII as theire standard bundur.
what third party marketing deal do they have for the holiday? destiny in september does not make sense, because it's just an add on
bf1 is microsft
cod again? mafia?

I like this run the XB1 is getting....fire sale or not it is still good to see it selling. And PS4 climbing back up I see. This COD bundle is something else. They should drop the price of the UC4 bundle and it will fly as well imo. But I am sure they are holding out until to reveal of the slim and Neo.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
jungemann said:
poklane said:
Still no Uncharted 4 Standard bunduru.....

there won't be a standard bundle anytime soon. maybe a cheap option for the holiday season, because it does not cost sony money to bundle a first party game. uncharted is just not huge in america. that's why sony went with BOIII as theire standard bundur.
what third party marketing deal do they have for the holiday? destiny in september does not make sense, because it's just an add on
bf1 is microsft
cod again? mafia?

Definitely CoD, maybe even including Modern Warfare Remastered if Sony goes all in. I also could see Destiny happening if Activision has another Edition of the game which includes the game itself and all DLC like they did last year. They also have the Watch Dogs 2 marketing deal (all DLC is timed exclusive to PS4 for 30 days) and they have Gran Turismo Sport. Also other marketing possibilities are South Park, Dishonored and Titanfall. As far as I'm awar all those 3 games don't have a marketing deal at all currently.

hmm south park is very late in december. i doubt a bundle will be out after black friday
titanfall would be a great grab for ps4, because general consumer could think it's still an xbox exculusive game like the first one. but i doubt ms would let it slip and want to build the franchise fanbase on xbox, like they did with CoD back in the days.

XB1S 2TB version already at #13 :O

You know, everyone is impressed by those Pokemon sales but I'm more astounded by N3DS sales. The early signs seems to be it's not just Nintendo fans or current Pokemon fans hyped by GO, but former fans and perhaps even former gamers who are being pulled back in by the energy surrounding it. If this works, it could really set the stage for Nintendo to use their mobile ventures to rebuild and expand their core gaming ventures. Which would be brilliant.

5 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#07 XB1s-2gb (up 68)
#10 N3DSXL Black (down 3)
#12 N3DSXL Red (up 3)
#18 XB1s-2tb Gears Bundle (up 1)
#21 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle (down 1)
#40 XB1 The Division Bundle + Extras (down 12)
#52 XB1 3 Game Bundle (up 7)
#68 Vita (up 8)
#93 XB1 NYG Bundle + Extras (down 22)

#13 PS4 No Man's Sky (down 1)
#15 3DS Pokemon Moon (up 3)
#17 3DS Pokemon Sun (down 1)

Now that the XB1s is releasing on the 2nd August perhaps MS know something about Sony's plans? Either that or they're just trying to cement their stronger position in the face of a 'possible' Sony move. It's clear No Man's Sky is at the centre of this but with no word from Sony I find that odd. We've had no indication that Sony are going to drop the price of the PS4 or that there's going to be LE editions of a NMS bundle (or vanilla PS4 bundle with NMS). I'd have to see this as a cautionary move rather than a strategic move. I'm more or less certain now that MS are likely to take August unless Sony have something extraordinary up their sleeve but I see no sign of that at the moment. Are those 4 NMS trailers leading into something BIG? Who knows but it's surely going to be interesting.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

5 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#75 XB1s-2gb (up 68)
#10 N3DSXL Black (down 3)
#12 N3DSXL Red (up 3)
#18 XB1s-2tb Gears Bundle (up 1)
#21 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle (down 1)
#40 XB1 The Division Bundle + Extras (down 12)
#52 XB1 3 Game Bundle (up 7)
#68 Vita (up 8)
#93 XB1 NYG Bundle + Extras (down 22)

#13 PS4 No Man's Sky (down 1)
#15 3DS Pokemon Moon (up 3)
#17 3DS Pokemon Sun (down 1)

Now that the XB1s is releasing on the 2nd August perhaps MS know something about Sony's plans? Either that or they're just trying to cement their stronger position in the face of a 'possible' Sony move. It's clear No Man's Sky is at the centre of this but with no word from Sony I find that odd. We've had no indication that Sony are going to drop the price of the PS4 or that there's going to be LE editions of a NMS bundle (or vanilla PS4 bundle with NMS). I'd have to see this as a cautionary move rather than a strategic move. I'm more or less certain now that MS are likely to take August unless Sony have something extraordinary up their sleeve but I see no sign of that at the moment. Are those 4 NMS trailers leading into something BIG? Who knows but it's surely going to be interesting.

#75 XB1s-2gb (up 68)  - Mistake?

That's a good call. I think Sony are going for the annoucement but also available now approach with the Slim & Neo. MS could of caught wind of this like you said and are trying to beat Sony to the punch.