By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 elite confirmed

rocketpig said:
larry said:

I have been to Sogota,Kowloon malls and i never saw x360 on any of the malls in 2003.

*shakes head in disbelief*

Gee, I wonder why you didn't see any X360s in Hong Kong in 2003. 

In related news, I went to Hawaii three years ago and saw ZERO PS3s on the shelves. Obviously, that console is a flop amongst the islanders.

ohhh sorry.

that was a typo.

i meant i never saw any xbox over there (not x360).

Still in HK and Singapore ps2 is the most wanted product not DS.

ps3 would ofcourse gain momentum once the big title hits .

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
larry said:

u dont need EE when the new 65nm ps3 can do full emulation.

the new ps3 infacts emulates ps2/ps1 games better than what xbox does(54%).

You're a moron.

65nm process has absolutely nothing to do with emulation, or even speed for that matter.

i meant the new ps3 without EE can emulate all ps1/ps2 games.

so theres no need for EE

larry said:
rocketpig said:
larry said:

I have been to Sogota,Kowloon malls and i never saw x360 on any of the malls in 2003.

*shakes head in disbelief*

Gee, I wonder why you didn't see any X360s in Hong Kong in 2003.

In related news, I went to Hawaii three years ago and saw ZERO PS3s on the shelves. Obviously, that console is a flop amongst the islanders.

ohhh sorry.

that was a typo.

i meant i never saw any xbox over there.

ps3 would ofcourse gain momentum once the big title hits .

You guys gotta respect larry. He sticks to his guns. No matter what anyone says larry, I like arguing with you It'll be a slow week when you are temp-banned cause of the 360 selling more than 3k systems in Japan.

larry said:

Not sure about Singapore. but it's absolutely incorrect about HK. Go ask anyone who's LIVING in HK

As i said in my previous post, DS is best selling console at the moment, then Wii...  

If you talk about 3 years ago, then you are correct 

larry said:

Trust me they love sony products. I have been to Sogota,Kowloon malls and i never saw x360 on any of the malls in 2003.

Try to know before posting whimsical stuffs. 

Larry, you do realize that in 2003, nobody on earth or the rest of the 16-dimensional universe saw a 360 because it didn't exist back then?

And I take you to task for your second quoted sentence.

Around the Network
yellow15 said:
larry said:

i have been to HK many times. Trust me they love sony products. I have been to Sogota,Kowloon malls and i never saw x360 on any of the malls in 2003.

Yes HK people love Sony products. PS/PS2 used to completely dominate the market. But unfortunately PS3 does NOT sell in HK at all. You go to any video game shopping mall in HK (the one that locals buy video games from) and what you'll see is.. for every 100 consoles they sold, probably 40 are DS, 30 are Wii, then 10 PSPs , 10 xbox360s, a couple of PS2s and maybe 1-2 PS3s if lucky!Of course this is not an exact figure but this is roughly the percentage of consoles sold in HK these days. And one funny thing is, the xbox360 sales have gone UP since ps3 was released.  

in HK and singapore ps2 is still the no1 selling product.

BTW ps3 sells more than x360 over there as well. (1--2 x360s are sold if lucky).

you are comparing psp and ps2 sales with x360 (almost non-existent in those countries).

plus you are saying x360s sell more units than ps3 over there (which is BS.ps3 outsells x360 all around the world except in NA).

isnt that fanboyism???

you are throwing in figures without knowing the actual preferences of the people of those countries.

yellow15 said:
larry said:

Not sure about Singapore. but it's absolutely incorrect about HK. Go ask anyone who's LIVING in HK

As i said in my previous post, DS is best selling console at the moment, then Wii...  

ps2 is still the no1 product there.

i went last in 2007 ,january.

i am not exaggerating figures.

NOTE:- as for others i did fix the typo .It was xbox but not x360.

FIXED

I can't argue one way or the other. Seems like there is a lot of jibber jabber without any verifiable statistics. Might as well be gossip for all it's worth. Larry seems to make a habit of doing this.

larry said:

i meant the new ps3 without EE can emulate all ps1/ps2 games.

so theres no need for EE

No, it can't. There's a list of compatible games.

http://faq.eu.playstation.com/bc/bcGames.htm

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
larry said:
yellow15 said:
larry said:

ps2 is still the no1 product there.

i went last in 2007 ,january.

i am not exaggerating figures.

no.1 as what? 

Total user base? Probably

Current sales? NO

You only "came" in January so don't argue with me.

Come again and see it yourself. Or go to any HK gaming forum and ask any of us what is the best selling console at the moment.

I can give you links to some of the biggest HK gaming forums if you want.