By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 elite confirmed

gebx said:
Anyone think it's weird that the 80gig is only coming out in Korea? No official announcement from Sony to when it will come to NA, Japan or Europe? NA/Japan - 20/60gig with Emu chip Europe - 60 gig without Emu Chip Korea - 80 gig without Emu Chip

It'll come out on the NA and EU when sony clear up their 60 gig units.  HD price drop everyday. its probably cost the same having a 60gig. so its a no brainer to up it to 80gig. probably a few dollar difference (within 5-10) it'll look more attractive to consumer.

Around the Network
Pk9394 said:
@larry korea is part of the asian market there, Do comparision with japanese and Hong Kong's price. not using NA or EU price compare at $571 its actually more expensive in korea than the other two asian market. With that high price, sony better pay blizzard millions of dollar to get that Starcraft 2 exclusive. This is the only way I can see korean will buy it.

a ps3 costs 900$ in ME and India. Arent they part of Asia. A ps3 costs 800$ in singapore. Isnt it part of Asia.

an x360 costs 460$ in HK.

isnt 460$ wayyy overpriced for a console without a nextgen player?

so whats the point??????

i have been to HK many times. Trust me they love sony products. I have been to Sogota,Kowloon malls and i never saw xbox on any of the malls in 2003.

HK ,Singapore makes a lot of money from tourists. I myself bought 3 ps1 games back in 1999 from Mustapha and Samsuddin market in Little India,sg.

if i am not wrong the aggregate sales of ps3 surpasses x360 on a monthly basis if you include all of NA,Asia and Europe .

Try to know before posting whimsical stuffs.

in Asia nobody pays 60$ for a pc game. In bangladesh ,India ,Pakistan,Sg,HK ,KOrea you can get pirated pc games for as little as 80 cents. ( i used to buy pc games for that price in Bangaldesh).

The cracks come with the CDs/DVDs.

You would barely find someone who would purchase an original pc game there.

But dont forget the ps1 and ps2 sold a lot of hardwares and softwares in those countries.

EDIT:- typo fixed

larry said:

wow !!!!

xtrolls never give up!!!

573 (tax inclusive) is 120$ cheaper than 600+15% of 600 =690$.

the 80 gig version contains the same thing as the 60gig version except the additional 20 gig space.

so the koreans are saving 120$.

they are getting a 500$ next gen drive unlike the 2$ dvd drive in the X360.

they are getting the world's best processor all for $ 573 unlike the watered down PPC core in x360.

geez  this has become a troll board.

$573 is $117 cheaper than  $690(which americans pay for a 60gig version).

What you're saying is not true because the Koreans aren't getting the Emotion Engine either.

PS: Haha, larry calling the rest of the board a troll.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
larry said:

wow !!!!

xtrolls never give up!!!

the 80 gig version contains the same thing as the 60gig version except the additional 20 gig space.

they are getting the world's best processor all for $ 573 unlike the watered down PPC core in x360.

geez  this has become a troll board.

$573 is $117 cheaper than  $690(which americans pay for a 60gig version).

What you're saying is not true because the Koreans aren't getting the Emotion Engine either.

u dont need EE when the new 65nm ps3 can do full emulation.

the new ps3 infacts emulates ps2/ps1 games better than what xbox does(54%).

larry said:
NJ5 said:
larry said:

wow !!!!

xtrolls never give up!!!

they are getting the world's best processor all for $ 573 unlike the watered down PPC core in x360.

geez this has become a troll board.

$573 is $117 cheaper than $690(which americans pay for a 60gig version).

u dont need EE when the new 65nm ps3 can do full emulation.

the new ps3 infacts emulates ps2/ps1 games better than what xbox does(54%).

I also allows fore very fast loading times (evident in GT3/4 especially as the loading times for them used to be rather long. And if you have a HD TV, it also displays PS2 games in HD, so the Korean aren't really losing anything with having the EE chip.

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

Around the Network

They have not implemented upscaling for PS1/PS2 games. The only game that plays better in the PS3 is God of War 2, unless you have some links pointing to sources stating they have upscaling?

larry said:

I have been to Sogota,Kowloon malls and i never saw x360 on any of the malls in 2003.

*shakes head in disbelief*

Gee, I wonder why you didn't see any X360s in Hong Kong in 2003. 

In related news, I went to Hawaii three years ago and saw ZERO PS3s on the shelves. Obviously, that console is a flop amongst the islanders.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
larry said:

I have been to Sogota,Kowloon malls and i never saw x360 on any of the malls in 2003.

*shakes head in disbelief*

Gee, I wonder why you didn't see any X360s in Hong Kong in 2003.

LOL

You think that's crazy. I've been to the mall in 2007 and I STILL HAVEN'T SEEN A WII!

In 2003, I doubt I saw 360s either

Chubear said:

Thank you

you welcome!                                      

PLAYSTATION®3

larry said:

QOTD

Reality has a Nintendo bias.