By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games you didn't enjoy but coudn't stop playing

Mr Puggsly said:
Dragon's Dogma is a game I spent a significant amount of time with and didn't enjoy it. I just wanted to finish it for some reason.

You've made a powerful enemy, today.😠

Around the Network
Mike_L said:
Hirouakan said:

Assassins creed games. After 2 (not countig 4 wich was quite fun) the series went downhill but i somehow end up coming back. I bought unity fully aware of its shittyness, after promising i wouldnt ever. It was boring and uninspired as hell, but i even managed to get all the achievements.

I guess i just like the historian shenanigans and the "climb whatever you see" mechanic so much, i keep fooling myself and buying them.

Also RE6. The game is a piece of stinking shit but i keep coming back for mercenaries.

Also Silent Hill Origins and Downpour. They're both guilty pleasures to me. I know they're very shoddy atempts of a Silent Hill game, but i cant stop loving them.

I was a huge fan of Assassin's Creed (mostly because of 2) and even though I felt like playing the same game I enjoyed 1, 2, Brotherhood and Revelation immensely.

AC3 completely killed that and I haven't played any AC games since. Some friends enjoyed Syndicate and I think if I manage to just finish AC3's main story I'll be able to justify buying Syndicate.

But I haven't been able to even though I've tried giving it another shot 4-5 times. How did you complete that game? Please, I'm desperate for advice XD

Is the rest of the game better than the first hour? (just say yes even if it's not)

Yes lol. Once you get control of Connor and he "suits up" it get much better. Thats not saying much though. The game is boring, unfortunately. The setting is perfect, gameplay and combat are better than Ezio's trilogy and the story is quite interesting (except ending). I even liked Connor. But for every cool task or mission the game trhows at you, theres 10 dull and boring ones waiting right after. The game feel very restrictive as well, only opening up to complete free-roam in sequence 9 (out of 12, not kidding).

However id say try to go trough the initial hours. Sometimes i think if i didnt tried to get 100% in it i could have skipped the bullshit and have more fun.But whatever you do dont go for all the achievements. 

d21lewis said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Dragon's Dogma is a game I spent a significant amount of time with and didn't enjoy it. I just wanted to finish it for some reason.

You've made a powerful enemy, today.😠

It had great potential, probably why I stuck with it.

The pacing is just so bad. Relatively little content stretched for many hours.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Hirouakan said:
Mike_L said:

I was a huge fan of Assassin's Creed (mostly because of 2) and even though I felt like playing the same game I enjoyed 1, 2, Brotherhood and Revelation immensely.

AC3 completely killed that and I haven't played any AC games since. Some friends enjoyed Syndicate and I think if I manage to just finish AC3's main story I'll be able to justify buying Syndicate.

But I haven't been able to even though I've tried giving it another shot 4-5 times. How did you complete that game? Please, I'm desperate for advice XD

Is the rest of the game better than the first hour? (just say yes even if it's not)

Yes lol. Once you get control of Connor and he "suits up" it get much better. Thats not saying much though. The game is boring, unfortunately. The setting is perfect, gameplay and combat are better than Ezio's trilogy and the story is quite interesting (except ending). I even liked Connor. But for every cool task or mission the game trhows at you, theres 10 dull and boring ones waiting right after. The game feel very restrictive as well, only opening up to complete free-roam in sequence 9 (out of 12, not kidding).

However id say try to go trough the initial hours. Sometimes i think if i didnt tried to get 100% in it i could have skipped the bullshit and have more fun.But whatever you do dont go for all the achievements. 

10 boring missions for every single cool mission do not make my motivation overflow XD

But thanks. I'll force myself through the first 3 hours and (force) enjoy the hell out of the last 20! I expect Syndicate to be gold afterwards.

Rogue Legacy. Didn't click with me, but I kept chipping away at it.

Thomas Was Alone. Disliked it, but still finished the story.

Around the Network

I like to finish what I start so yes I have finished some games I didn't like that much.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Kresnik said:
Rogue Legacy. Didn't click with me, but I kept chipping away at it.

Thomas Was Alone. Disliked it, but still finished the story.

I feel you on Thomas Was Alone. A really cool story but some mediocre gameplay

FF13. I had to finish it to say that I did, and get the whole experience.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Warframe.
I wanted to like it, put quite a few hours into it hoping it would click in ecentuaoly like monster hunter. Released eventually that it was just too Grundy and time consuming for no pay-off

Random Mobile games, from time to time

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]