By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games you didn't enjoy but coudn't stop playing

Cloudman said:
bigtakilla said:

Same here, on the plus side it could be beaten in a single day easily or else that garbage would have still been in my backlog. FF XIII-2 and 3 however, I didn't even bother (though I did play a bit of XIII-2 until I realized that all the people saying XIII-2 fixed a lot of problems were full of crap.

Beat it in a single day? Heck, I could barely take one hour of this game a day. I wanted nothing to do with the other two games after I got through this one. x (

I kept telling myself it was gonna get better. All lies, it never did.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Cloudman said:
FF13. I had to finish it to say that I did, and get the whole experience.

Same here, on the plus side it could be beaten in a single day easily or else that garbage would have still been in my backlog. FF XIII-2 and 3 however, I didn't even bother (though I did play a bit of XIII-2 until I realized that all the people saying XIII-2 fixed a lot of problems were full of crap.

I kept telling myself XIII-2 was good and I'd get back to it when I had time. Then Lightning Returns came out and I bought it on day one.  It's still in its original cellophane and I'm still maybe 1/3 done with XIII-2!

d21lewis said:
DonFerrari said:

You are very dedicated.

It's a cause worth fighting for.

More boobies certainly is a good cause.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Bandorr said:
Big fan of all three FF13s actually.

13 had the boss fights were you had to do as much damage as possible as quickly as possible (due to doom) - while still needing to switch to sentinel and healing.

13-2 had time traveling, and monster collecting. <3 that white chocobo.

13-3 had the real time single player fighting, Doing a lightning attack against a huge group of robots was very satisfying.

Not sure there is any game I didn't like - yet kept playing it. I mean if I didn't like it, why would I keep playing it?

I just need to finish lightning return (haven't started yet)

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Angelus said:
You make a lot of threads that don't include your own opinion lol

Anyway, I find the line of thinking here rather flawed. If you keep coming back for something, then you must like it, at least on some level. I mean why keep playing something you don't enjoy? It's not like you don't have options. I understand it if you're younger I suppose. When you're a kid (or in your early teens) buying limited amounts of games off whatever allowance your parents give you, it makes sense that you try to get everything you can out of a game, even if you dont really care for it much. But beyond that....if you're a grown man/woman, with any kind of income.....why waste your time with a game you don't like?

So your answer to this thread is no, then. I didn't really care for "Bioshock 2", but my love of the first game had me riding it out to completion. Didn't care for "Destiny" either, but poured many hours into it - complaining most of the way. 

It's an occasional affliction, that doesn't strike me very often. I bought "Hyrule Warriors" and traded it a week later, having only invested about six hours. I used the credit to buy WWHD and played through one of my faves for a second time. Usually, I don't sink time into games I don't like, even if I bought it day one.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network

Destiny. Most of the game was boring as fuck, the only fun thing about it was the social aspect with friends. But I'd sunk so much time into it, I had to hit the 30 light score limit or whatever it was in the base game. I think I played for like 1 hour past that then never logged in again.

That is probably it. If I don't enjoy a game, I usually won't finish it. I guess The Order could be another example, but I knew that turd could be platinumed in one sit down if you were so inclined so I finished it.

None, because I wasn't enjoying it, therefore I stopped playing it.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:

Nowadays, free games fall from the heavens. Was there ever a time when your newest game was your only game and it sucked?

d21lewis said:
StokedUp said:

Nowadays, free games fall from the heavens. Was there ever a time when your newest game was your only game and it sucked?

I really can't think of a game I didn't enjoyed but carried on playing nonetheless. I guess the closest one is COD modern warfare 2. It was when I started disliking first person shooters but I ended up finishing the game on my first play through due to the short campaign (it took me 3h 30mins) 

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

d21lewis said:
StokedUp said:

I loved the Sonic that come with my Genesis (well actually Altered Beast was the one that was part of it, but my father bought used with more games and Sonic was a bundle at the time) but wouldn't love Alex Kidd the same.