By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Ships 1 Million Xbox One Elite Controllers

That's wrong, actually they manufactured the one millionth controller. Factor in warranty returns/replacements and the probability of a high failure rate, and that numbers gets knocked down a few notches. I estimated 700k sell in on the article

Around the Network
aLkaLiNE said:
That's wrong, actually they manufactured the one millionth controller. Factor in warranty returns/replacements and the probability of a high failure rate, and that numbers gets knocked down a few notches. I estimated 700k sell in on the article

How do you estimate without hard numbers? Not even economists can especulate like you fella.

How did you get 700k btw if you don't know how much they sold?

Goatseye said:
aLkaLiNE said:

How do you estimate without hard numbers? Not even economists can especulate like you fella.

The only number we have is 1 mil manufactured. That's our hard number. 700k sold to stores, ~250k sent out as warranty replacement, 50k at the warehouse? I think that sounds reasonable

aLkaLiNE said:
Goatseye said:

The only number we have is 1 mil manufactured. That's our hard number. 700k sold to stores, ~250k sent out as warranty replacement, 50k at the warehouse? I think that sounds reasonable

240k faulty controllers? Bro, that's a lot. If one in four Elite controllers were defective, these controller wouldn't be as popular as they are.

aLkaLiNE said:
Goatseye said:

If a quarter of those broke within warranty period, there would have been articles about it, and it definitely would have made multiple threads on this site... im guessing 10+.

Around the Network

This probably isn't as big of news as some are making it out to be. Just stocking these things in available markets is going to rocket the production need. They could sit on shelves for all we know. It will take some time before anyone knows how successful they are.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

aLkaLiNE said:
Goatseye said:

The build quality on the Elite controllers are exceptional so no, 250k warranty replacements isn't even remotely reasonable.

Anyways I can't say I'm surprised by the numbers since the Elite controller is pretty incredible. No other controller I've used comes close to how good the Elite controller is.

Goatseye said:
aLkaLiNE said:

240k faulty controllers? Bro, that's a lot. If one in four Elite controllers were defective, these controller wouldn't be as popular as they are.

Libara said:
aLkaLiNE said:

If a quarter of those broke within warranty period, there would have been articles about it, and it definitely would have made multiple threads on this site... im guessing 10+.

yo_john117 said:
aLkaLiNE said:

The build quality on the Elite controllers are exceptional so no, 250k warranty replacements isn't even remotely reasonable.

Anyways I can't say I'm surprised by the numbers since the Elite controller is pretty incredible. No other controller I've used comes close to how good the Elite controller is.

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251650-console-hardware-accessories/suggestions/8556751-1-year-warranty-included-for-elite-controllers

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251650-console-hardware-accessories/suggestions/6969736-extend-the-warranty-on-on-xbox-one-controllers-fro

The thing is, there HAS been tons of articles and forum posts about these faulty controllers. Why would that be a topic of discussion here when most of the fanbase leans on Sony and Nintendo platforms, and those that are Xbox faithful have the kind of attitudes you guys have? A simple google search yields pages of Reddit and Xbox forum posts from people complaining about their elite controllers being sub par in quality and having issues early on after purchase. So, that's what I'm basing this off of. Read the second link I cited, first comment down. Dude went through three elite controllers all within the warranty period.

And if I'm being unreasonable I'd love to hear some estimates from you guys on:
- how many controllers you estimate are on shelves in stores
- how many controllers were made solely for warranty replacement
- how many controllers are still at the warehouse

the only concrete info we have is: we have reached 1 million controllers made.

Puppyroach said:
So, about 150$ million in the bank just like that. I'm still thinking about getting one even though I'm not that good at fps games but those extra triggers would be really handy.

But that would only be true if

1. all of the 1 million controllers made had actually sold,

2. there was absolutely no margin whatsoever for any of the channels the controllers passed through,

3. there was literally no tax or fees for them exporting the units to other countries

4. shipping costs didn't exist

5. Storage costs didn't exist

6. Manufacturing costs didn't exist

7. R&D didn't cost anything

8. Advertising cost nothing....

I mean really, the list goes on here for a good while, but even if each and every dollar (and they only sold in dollar regions) magically appeared in MS's bank account on handing it to a game store employee, the main thing is that the 1million units were manufactured, not sold.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive