By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Instanbul airport bombings- UPDATE: Now 36+ dead, 140+ injured

barneystinson69 said:

Another terrorist bombing/attack in Europe...

Isn't Turkey part of Asia?

Around the Network
Wright said:
barneystinson69 said:

It isn't a member state of Europe anyway that's for sure.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Evil f**kers that do these things.

All these muslim fanatics.... *sigh*

Wright said:
barneystinson69 said:

Istanbul. It is considered to be in both Europe and Asia. But the airport itself is the 3rd busiest in Europe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Istanbul_Atat%C3%BCrk_Airport

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Ganoncrotch said:
Wright said:

Most of it isn't in Europe. But Istanbul is considered trans-continental (its in Europe and Asia).

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Has it been confirmed to be a muslim attack? sorry it's just that I heard there was footage of the explosion and I really don't want to see it so I didn't dare click on the links in the OP.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

spurgeonryan said:
Isn't Turkey where some terrorist come from?

Some probably... its a muslim country, but their more "normal" than those middle eastern ones.

But their not "muslim" enough, for the crazy fanatics, so they target them too.

barneystinson69 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Most of it isn't in Europe. But Istanbul is considered trans-continental (its in Europe and Asia).

Oh in the landmass it would be, but I'm just saying in case there is any "the UK was right to leave the EU, this goes on there" type of talk, this country isn't in the EU.

Ganoncrotch said:
barneystinson69 said:

Oh in the landmass it would be, but I'm just saying in case there is any "the UK was right to leave the EU, this goes on there" type of talk, this country isn't in the EU.

Thats fine. I never considered it part of the EU. I'm just saying that it is a part of Europe.

Ganoncrotch said:
JRPGfan said:

Has it been confirmed to be a muslim attack? sorry it's just that I heard there was footage of the explosion and I really don't want to see it so I didn't dare click on the links in the OP.

Well, there are almost only Muslims in Turkey, it would be a wonder if not. Question is only if it was ISIS/Daesh, some Kurds or whatever...