By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Instanbul airport bombings- UPDATE: Now 36+ dead, 140+ injured

Let me guess. They're Muslims? Oh look at me I'm so smart!

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:
This is getting ridiculous. Are we making any headway in dealing with these extremist groups?

LMAO!!!!! There is no rationalizing with these idiots. Elect a republican as the U.S. President and it'll get handled real quick. We've got several hundred B-52's itching to leave Barksdale Air Force Base.

This was a brutal attack; my thoughts are with the victims and their families.

I've become horribly desensitized to these kinds of news. I read that and was like: 'Well shit, another one.'

Then it hit me. I've been to that airport. I've spend ten hours of my life at that airport between flights. Someone dear to me has been at that airport a just week ago and is scheduled to be there again in a few weeks. It could have been me. It could have been THEM.

It's wierd because bad stuff happens all the time in places you frequent. Hell, I've been to Paris prior to the attacks. But this left me with an uneasy feeling.

SuperNova said:
I've become horribly desensitized to these kinds of news. I read that and was like: 'Well shit, another one.'

Then it hit me. I've been to that airport. I've spend ten hours of my life at that airport between flights. Someone dear to me has been at that airport a just week ago and is scheduled to be there again in a few weeks. It could have been me. It could have been THEM.

It's wierd because bad stuff happens all the time in places you frequent. Hell, I've been to Paris prior to the attacks. But this left me with an uneasy feeling.

I know that feeling. I've been to a couple places around the world that have later been attacked by terrorists and that's really scary. I've used Istanbul airport before and also spent many hours in transit there. Other airports I've visited that were later attacked were Colombo Airport in Sri Lanka and Karachi Airport in Pakistan. We all expect airports to be very safe with all the security but terrorists still manage to attack them. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
WolfpackN64 said:
Darama said:
This is why nobody wants all these muslim immigrants in, they just can't be trusted. It's mainly why UK voted to leave.

If you bunch of blabbering idiots still can't see that simply being muslim has nothing to do with the terrorist attacks. Can I remind you that that glorious country of yours happily bombed many countries in the middle east for over a decade now?

Can you please stop. We don't see Christans in the middle east blowing up cars or killing one another. Most of the Middle East's instability is because of themselves, and blaming the west won't solve those problems. This attack was due to religious beliefs, and Darama does have a good point. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:
WolfpackN64 said:

If you bunch of blabbering idiots still can't see that simply being muslim has nothing to do with the terrorist attacks. Can I remind you that that glorious country of yours happily bombed many countries in the middle east for over a decade now?

Can you please stop. We don't see Christans in the middle east blowing up cars or killing one another. Most of the Middle East's instability is because of themselves, and blaming the west won't solve those problems. This attack was due to religious beliefs, and Darama does have a good point. 

Oh don't forget about the KKK shooting up that Charleston Church, in South Carolina in 2015. Nobody want to label the KKK as Christian terrorist though. I think we all forgot what happened on that day here in the US. 

Darama is wrong. Turkey is a muslim majority country. These terrorist are no religous groups, they made that quite clear that they do not care about killing people on Ramadan or not.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
barneystinson69 said:

Oh don't forget about the KKK shooting up that Charleston Church, in South Carolina in 2015. Nobody want to label the KKK as Christian terrorist though. I think we all forgot what happened on that day here in the US. 

Darama is wrong. Turkey is a muslim majority country. These terrorist are no religous groups, they made that quite clear that they do not care about killing people on Ramadan or not.

And whats your point? Christans aren't attacking the middle east, and if anything are being eliminated from it! The KKK could be Christan, so whats your point? If a Christan attacks an abortion clinic, I have no reason to believe they should be treated any better than a muslim shooting up a gay club. My point here is that Christans aren't attacking the middle east, while Muslims attack the western world. And if these people label themselves as Muslim, then clearly they're. They could be radical, but they're still believers in Islam.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

And whats your point? Christans aren't attacking the middle east, and if anything are being eliminated from it! The KKK could be Christan, so whats your point? If a Christan attacks an abortion clinic, I have no reason to believe they should be treated any better than a muslim shooting up a gay club. My point here is that Christans aren't attacking the middle east, while Muslims attack the western world. And if these people label themselves as Muslim, then clearly they're. They could be radical, but they're still believers in Islam.

"And whats your point?" You make it seem in your post that Christians are never involved in evil acts of crime and terrorism. At least that is how I read it from your presentation, but I guess it was a misunderstanding.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
barneystinson69 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

I never really understand why people frequently use the "See?! This other group of people is also doing horrible things!" red herring fallacy as an argument...