By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Instanbul airport bombings- UPDATE: Now 36+ dead, 140+ injured

barneystinson69 said:
WolfpackN64 said:

If you bunch of blabbering idiots still can't see that simply being muslim has nothing to do with the terrorist attacks. Can I remind you that that glorious country of yours happily bombed many countries in the middle east for over a decade now?

Can you please stop. We don't see Christans in the middle east blowing up cars or killing one another. Most of the Middle East's instability is because of themselves, and blaming the west won't solve those problems. This attack was due to religious beliefs, and Darama does have a good point. 

Aura7541 said:
barneystinson69 said:

And whats your point? Christans aren't attacking the middle east, and if anything are being eliminated from it! The KKK could be Christan, so whats your point? If a Christan attacks an abortion clinic, I have no reason to believe they should be treated any better than a muslim shooting up a gay club. My point here is that Christans aren't attacking the middle east, while Muslims attack the western world. And if these people label themselves as Muslim, then clearly they're. They could be radical, but they're still believers in Islam.

I never really understand why people frequently use the "See?! This other group of people is also doing horrible things!" red herring fallacy as an argument...

Consider the quote above. See who started it?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

A fallacy is still a fallacy no matter who started it.

And if you already knew barney made a red herring, then you wouldn't have responded to his comment like you did... Instead, you bit the cheese quite hard.

Aura7541 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

A fallacy is still a fallacy no matter who started it.

And if you already knew barney made a red herring, then you wouldn't have responded to his comment like you did... Instead, you bit the cheese quite hard.

The statement is fact regardless of what you call it. People tend to look at things on oneside and then judge it, and that is something I'm against. i explained why I responded to him, but now I hope we have an understanding.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
barneystinson69 said:
WolfpackN64 said:

If you bunch of blabbering idiots still can't see that simply being muslim has nothing to do with the terrorist attacks. Can I remind you that that glorious country of yours happily bombed many countries in the middle east for over a decade now?

Can you please stop. We don't see Christans in the middle east blowing up cars or killing one another. Most of the Middle East's instability is because of themselves, and blaming the west won't solve those problems. This attack was due to religious beliefs, and Darama does have a good point. 

Why would I stop. You've been using the same flawed reasoning in every thread where this happens. If it was simply because of their beliefs, why doesn't every muslim in Turkey spontaniously combust?

I'm not going to say there isn't a problem in Islam, because there is. But that problem has nothing to do with their holy scriptures, becasue a lot of religions would have problems. It's rather what the religions deals with and talks about now.

And you can absolutely not deny the colonial and neo-imperialist tendancy's are playing a part in this problem. The root of society is the economic structure, and there are a lot of problems in these regions. It's the same problem with some Christian groups in Africa who lash out against the LGTB community or against other religions. That's not Christianity's fault per se, but what is preached there can be problematic.

A lot of people find in religion a way to rebel against what they see as imperialism from the western nations and that can translate in anti-modern feelings.

ISIS Mastermind Behind Istanbul Terrorist Attack Was A "Refugee" Protected By Europe

Glorious path of the Chataev:

2010: Ukrainian secrect service chief, Nalivaichenko, condemns the arrest of Chechen national, Ahmed Chataev, by country's law enforcement. The arrest of Chataev, who has received a refugee status in Austria in 2003, is unsubstantiated and scandalous, he said.

2011: Bulgaria won't extradite Ahmed Chataev, a Chechen national, sought by Russian authorities and accused of terrorism. A refugee status he has received in Austria in 2003 has effect on territories of all countries that signed Geneva conventions.

2012: Arrested Chechen national, Ahmed Chataev, is innocent. Georgian authorities fabricated a case against him, as reproted by Radio Liberty.

2016: Ahmed Chataev, an ISIS operative since 2013, is the main suspect behind the Istanbul Ataturk airpot attack that claimed 44 dead.

Also I'm pretty sure Turks were well aware of his past and gave them shelter knowingly just like they did for a good bunch of Chechens, or al-Shishani's as they've been called among the colleagues in Al-Nusra and ISIS fronts, who flee to Turkey from federal forces months before second campaign was over in the Chechen republic. They supported them all the way, they treated them just like they support Turkomans milita and ISIS groups in Syria. Gee wiz, that backfired. Who'd have thought?! :D