By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Game of Thrones "Winds of Winter" Season 6 Finale Impressions?

What did you guys think of this episode?

Did you like it?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

This season has been spectacular. The last episode is a perfect cherry on top of this GoT cake. It sets up next season so perfectly. I get the sense that it's finally nearing it's end.

And I can't believe they finally let us, officially, know Jon Snow's past. None the less another Stark is in the know of who he is. 10/10 season. Breaking Bad is second in this Golden age of television. Game of thrones is fitfully the King of TV.

What I said in this thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7964996

Loved it, this season has definitely redeemed itself.

Kings landing had me on my toes the entire season.

Margaery lost. I am very sad.

Her figuring out that something bad was about to happen is my only consolation. I was frightened for her and I was as helpless as she was watching her go :(

Around the Network

Wildfire scene was crazy, everyone dies.

Nymeria said:

Wildfire scene was crazy, everyone dies.

It was crazy, I think the worse part is how stupid the High Sparrow actually was in the end. I thought he was some brilliant tactician, and it turns how his organization was just simple religion. 

The Mad Queen has way too many enemies now, how will she even put up a fight. She literally has pissed off every house in Westeros (Stormlands?) + Plus the dragons that are headed her way. 

Add: I know in the books what happens to Stormlands. 

I have mixed feelings about the finale and the general season tbh.

From a technical point of view, the episode was amazing. Beautiful soundtrack, beautiful cinematography, fantastic acting and all in all just great. Still, I hate the way they want to "wrap thing up". Specifically the King's landing event had me like "meh". Tho I loved that we finally get rid of the High Sparrow and Tommen's death is poet justice to how the entire show started with Bran being thrown out the window. So kudos to that. The death of all the Tyrells and Kevan? Yeah, not a huge fan of that.

Cersei being named queen is weird considering the hasn't being a queen in the entire history of westeros and the books are very clear to how rejected that idea is, tho I love that she is queen of like... 2 or 3 of the 7 kingdoms cause the others are gonna be at war with her.

Also I feel we should talk about her amazing black dress. 

Hated everything about Jamie's character this season.
Hated the fact that there are no Martells, Tyrells and Baratheons and everyone is acting like thats normal. Which should be reason alone to throw shit out the window in all the realms.
Love everything about R+L=J Being confirmed.

They had too much zomg stuff in it cause now I am soo hyped about the next season T_T

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Ka-pi96 said:

That was... fantastic!

Did not expect Tommen at all, that kind of came out of the blue. And Arya, after being by far the most boring character so far, finally did something! Glad to see Jon made king of the north. Gotta wonder what he'll do now though. Will he still be Jon Snow? Will he change his name to Stark? Or, now that it's confirmed and everything, could he even change to Jon Targaryen? Nice to see Dany is finally on her way as well. Gotta wonder if next season could even be the last with the way it seems like it's closing in on the end.

Oh and gotta say Lyanna Mormont FTW!!!

I have read in a couple places that next season is supposed to be 7 episodes long and that the directors want to close the show out in 13 more episodes total.  If both rumors are true, we would have 2 shortened seasons left.  I personally feel like they can close this thing out in 10 episodes for season 7.