By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Neo Could Be 5.5tf ($399 - $599)

No matter the price, it better comes with a game.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
lol, specs are final but there are two versions. That means they are not final.

I hope the Neo is beefier than originally rumored. This seems like BS though.

Given the opinions you've expressed in the past about the differences between the PS4 and X1, why would you care? This rumour being true (relative to past ones) would likely represent a smaller jump than what we see between the PS4 and X1, so you'd be paying more for something you don't value.

(I'm not trying to call you out or anything, i'm just curious as to what you see as being different).

If this is true, then the differnce between it and the scorpio will be so damn small it wont be noticeable at all.

Plus.... 1 years headstart... damn, sony worked some magic.

So its still less powerful than the Scorpio and it also won't support native 4K gaming like the Scorpio? They are also pricing it at $600 when the NX will probably launch 4 months later at a rumored $350. Bullshit. If this is true Sony is shooting themselves in the chest. For those saying its for enthusiasts thats still a bad reason. There is no point for Sony or any other company to release a console to a small amount of consumers when they can release it to a mainstream userbase.

jason1637 said:
There is no point for Sony or any other company to release a console to a small amount of consumers when they can release it to a mainstream userbase.

They already have a console released to a mainstream userbase.... it's called a ps4.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
jason1637 said:
There is no point for Sony or any other company to release a console to a small amount of consumers when they can release it to a mainstream userbase.

They already have a console released to a mainstream userbase.... it's called a ps4.

Yes the PS4 is mainstream but it would be idiotic for Sony to release a console to a smaller audience when they can easily make it mainstream. 

Just some more attention-whoring from a neogaf "insider". The PS4 will be 4.2TF.

jason1637 said:
Barkley said:

Yes the PS4 is mainstream but it would be idiotic for Sony to release a console to a smaller audience when they can easily make it mainstream. 

That's like saying it's idiotic for Ford to make the Ford GT, when they could just make another Focus because that sells to a wider audience.

The PS4 already exists, the mainstream product is already out their, making the Neo mainstream completely invalidates the ps4.

Ummm, the same crowd having a meltdown over this are the ones that claimed that the Sony crowd were having a meltdown over Scorpio.

Interesting!

SWORDF1SH said:
Ummm, the same crowd having a meltdown over this are the ones that claimed that the Sony crowd were having a meltdown over Scorpio.

Interesting!

Same as usual on VGC

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."