By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Neo Could Be 5.5tf ($399 - $599)

Neo is starting to get a lot of crazy rumours just like NX... not showing it at E3 got us here.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Not surprised by the price, even if it goes up to $600, kinda out of the loop on comparable graphics cards and pricing, but seems about right given the power increase from the standard PS4 and also given they are going to be producing less of these which will bump the cost up a bit. Probably a bit high for me to upgrade straight away, but ultimately I need to see games running before I decide. Sounds good though.

Don't ruin the moment

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PC/PS4), Dead Cells (PC)

LordyPlays on YouTube

Lot of rumours. Doubt it'll be true, though it could also be true. However, given how we've heard it'll be in the 4tflop range, theres no changing that at this point.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

As long as this isn't the base unit, 599 is fine. If the pricing scheme for PS4s at the launch of this thing is 300/500 everything will be peachy.

EDIT: The key here is going to be marketting. Sony just needs to market both systems at the same time and state both prices and show them side by side at the end of every add. Make sure people know that they'e not missing out on too much by getting the base unit. Not everyone that buys a fitbit gets a fitbit blaze/surge. Not everyone that buys the iphone gets the most recent one or the most expensive version of that model. 

4 ≈ One

barneystinson69 said:

Lot of rumours. Doubt it'll be true, though it could also be true. However, given how we've heard it'll be in the 4tflop range, theres no changing that at this point.

Those are just rumours, just like these.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

I think it's going to be around 6 tflops just like Scorpio because I think they're both using similar hardware for these machines from AMD, whatever that hardware might be.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Originally Posted by OsirisBlack

Nothing Sony is doing is reactionary to what MS is doing, there have always been two options. I would also like to stand by my original claim that the Scorpio will be more powerful than the Neo. (how much more is up for debate) In case it was forgotten the very first information I had for release dates was either Holiday this year or 1st quarter next year with a pin in March. (Stating it will be out before not during that month)

Talking to Diana and Bob (Hello Bob) the biggest problem is getting the price to the originally promised numbers. Sony does NOT want to revisit a $599 price point. Bob says internally they think waiting to Q1 would be best for helping them come in at the originally promised $499 and that's even if they decided to go for option B.

Also to people saying the specs are not final, they are final there are just two different specs. There are rumors that Sony is planning to release both machines I don't believe this will happen as it would be confusing as shit. Bob (Hello Bob) says one will likely be scrapped (so long blue pill) when the other goes into production. Also states that the form factor and casing could require them to use an external power brick this time around due to heating concerns.

Diana has no information at all about specifications, she also does not have anything suggesting Sony will release two separate skus outside of the OG PS4 and the Neo.

Edited to add: Sony will not be selling this machine at a loss. (Thanks Bob).

The PS5 Exists. 

lol, specs are final but there are two versions. That means they are not final.

I hope the Neo is beefier than originally rumored. This seems like BS though.

At those specs, I can only see it possible going for $499. I just don't see how they are going to sell it for 599 US Dollars.

4.2 SKU: Will be 2.3 times better than the original Playstation 4.

5.5 SKU: Will be 3.0 times better than the original Playstation 4.