By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Brexit discussion thread- UPDATE: the majority chose leave!

Should Britain stay or leave?

Stay! 185 48.43%

Leave! 197 51.57%

Total:382
Scisca said:
Soundwave said:

Again, you do realize that a lot of people in the UK hate on Polish immigrants right?

England is not going to be sharing tea with the likes of Poland any time soon. 

I actually feel bad for a lot of Polish people in the UK, their passports/visas will probably be thrown into limbo now for some they may not be able to leave and travel back to visit family for fear of not being allowed back in, etc. etc. etc. 

Again, you do realize that this is absolutely meaningless?

Poland and England are natural allies in Europe and nobody cares about personal opinions of a group of people in England. This is politics. Real politics. Your point of view is very childish here, if you think this matters whatsoever.

I don't feel bad for them. Maybe some will return with their capital and invest back home?

How is it meaningless? This discussion is meaningless, the people this will actually impact, ie: the Polish or Romanian guy working his ass off at some deli Northern England who now can't go home to visit his son/daughter or whatever ... that's real. 

Invest in what? What do you think those Polish people for example are going to the UK for? For a fancy holiday? They are poor and they are there to work. Now they are pretty much thrown into limbo. 

I'd say that's about as fucking real as it gets. 

Around the Network
hershel_layton said:
Scisca said:

I know, but without the UK we are helpless against the leftists. Poland and Hungary can't possibly balance what Germany does together with Benelux and France. My God...

Curious, but what country do you live in?

Also, I find it disappointing how many European nations are against guns. Never thought people would have such a big issue with protecting themselves. I wonder if crime and rape rates would decrease if guns were more tolerable in Europe.

curious, but when in the history of this planet has more guns ever equalled less crime? and you're disappointed?? mind-boggling.

Well let's tear this undemocratic European system to the ground where it is supposed to be. We already have a NATO to keep the peace and for trade you don't need an all deciding institute that costs countries as the Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden and Germany a shitload of money.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

England will likely lose the UK as a result of this and that will probably be a bitter pill for them to swallow.

But these smaller European countries ... who's going to give a shit about them. As a global investor I don't want to deal with some weird Dutch currency or different trade rules in Denmark.

I might as well just invest more in China or India.

Soundwave said:
Scisca said:

Again, you do realize that this is absolutely meaningless?

Poland and England are natural allies in Europe and nobody cares about personal opinions of a group of people in England. This is politics. Real politics. Your point of view is very childish here, if you think this matters whatsoever.

I don't feel bad for them. Maybe some will return with their capital and invest back home?

How is it meaningless? This discussion is meaningless, the people this will actually impact, ie: the Polish or Romanian guy working his ass off at some deli Northern England who now can't go home to visit his son/daughter or whatever ... that's real. 

Invest in what? What do you think those Polish people for example are going to the UK for? For a fancy holiday? They are poor and they are there to work. Now they are pretty much thrown into limbo. 

You still don't have a clue. Stop thinking in micro scale. Open your eyes and start thinking macro. When the UK PM and Polish PM meet to talk about their countries' policies, cooperation and common policy, what difference does it make that there are some people in UK that don't like Polish immigrants? None! It's absolutely meaningless! Nobody gives a damn about it! It has no influence on anything we're doing together in Europe.

Stop with this drama, you're absurd. So far nothing has changed, it will take YEARS for UK to leave. As of yet - nothing has changed, nobody is in any kind of limbo.

Invest the money they earned there. Many people who went there are quite successful - I wouldn't mind if they returned back home with the extra capital and experience.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
Scisca said:
Soundwave said:

You still don't have a clue. Stop thinking in micro scale. Open your eyes and start thinking macro. When the UK PM and Polish PM meet to talk about their countries' policies, cooperation and common policy, what difference does it make that there are some people in UK that don't like Polish immigrants? None! It's absolutely meaningless! Nobody gives a damn about it! It has no influence on anything we're doing together in Europe.

Stop with this drama, you're absurd. So far nothing has changed, it will take YEARS for UK to leave. As of yet - nothing has changed, nobody is in any kind of limbo.

Invest the money they earned there. Many people who went there are quite successful - I wouldn't mind if they returned back home with the extra capital and experience.

Invest with what? It's not like these men/women are working in London as investement big wigs. Most of them are making month-to-month payments back home to their kids to put food on the table while they live probably in tiny flats the size of a closet shared by 2-3 other people. The work jobs most average Brits don't want or are too lazy to do. 

It makes a difference when the political discourse is taken over by people who dislike say Eastern European immigrants or whatever group they dislike to render policy against them. If that's not a difference, I'm not sure what is. 

Goodnightmoon said:
Terrible news.

Hate and blind patriotism has won, democracy has failed.

Dark times are coming for UK and Europe now, what a complete dissaster.

Would you be claiming that "democracy has failed" if the UK populace voted to remain in the EU?

Symbolic said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Terrible news.

Hate and blind patriotism has won, democracy has failed.

Dark times are coming for UK and Europe now, what a complete dissaster.

Would you be claiming that "democracy has failed" if the UK populace voted to remain in the EU?

Well I will say this, looking at the exit polls it looks like it if was just people 65 or younger voting, the "Remain" side would've won fairly easily. 

It's people 65 and over that tilted the scales ... and I have to question whether or not people, many of whom are likely to be dead in 10-15 years have the right to change the future of a country that they won't be living in pretty soon. 

The UK will regret this

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Soundwave said:
Scisca said:

Invest with what? It's not like these men/women are working in London as investement big wigs. Most of them are making month-to-month payments back home to their kids to put food on the table while they live probably in tiny flats the size of a closet. The work jobs most average Brits don't want or are too lazy to do. 

It makes a difference when the political discourse is taken over by people who dislike say Eastern European immigrants or whatever group they dislike to render policy against them. If that's not a difference, I'm not sure what is. 

That's only your personal opinion. I know for a fact many of them are successful enough to be able to add to our economy. My brother returned from UK this year and had enough capital to start a business here and buy a few flats to rent on the side. You don't need billions of dolars to start a business.

No it doesn't. The English are pragmatic and will follow their centuries-old policy of supporting a balance on the continent, cause it benefits them the most. UK doesn't want any European country to become a significant leader, instead wants countries to keep cancelling each other out. That's why the rise of Germany and their alliance with Russia scares UK and their natural answer is to support Poland as counterweight in Central Europe. That's why Cameron visits Poland a couple times a year, that's why we've started a close cooperation within NATO. No populist bullshit will blind any politician over it. Learn about true politics.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.