By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Brexit discussion thread- UPDATE: the majority chose leave!

Should Britain stay or leave?

Stay! 185 48.43%

Leave! 197 51.57%

Total:382

Interesting times ahead. I also think the UK will fall apart. Northern Ireland will leave them for sure to get into the EU, would do them way more good with the border to Ireland, which stays in the EU for good. Not so sure about Scotland, but a new referendum for independence is inevitable at this point.

Short term changes should be disastrous, financial markets are already reacting. UK people should prepare to pay a lot more for their stuff in the future. The sterling pound is falling off a cliff right now. Don't know about long term though. It will take at least two years until the UK can officially leave the EU, most likely longer. The EU will make the UK pay, if only to show other nations that leaving the EU is an expensive task. The UK will also have a really REALLY hard time making new trade deals with the EU and also the US.

But well, let's also look at the good stuff! With the Sterling Pound so friggin' cheap, my next holiday in the UK should cost next to nothing! =P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

Yes all countries should be completely independent, let's build up barriers between humanity, promote nationalism and patriotism!!! /s

OdinHades said:
Interesting times ahead. I also think the UK will fall apart. Northern Ireland will leave them for sure to get into the EU, would do them way more good with the border to Ireland, which stays in the EU for good. Not so sure about Scotland, but a new referendum for independence is inevitable at this point.

Short term changes should be disastrous, financial markets are already reacting. UK people should prepare to pay a lot more for their stuff in the future. The sterling pound is falling off a cliff right now. Don't know about long term though. It will take at least two years until the UK can officially leave the EU, most likely longer. The EU will make the UK pay, if only to show other nations that leaving the EU is an expensive task. The UK will also have a really REALLY hard time making new trade deals with the EU and also the US.

But well, let's also look at the good stuff! With the Sterling Pound so friggin' cheap, my next holiday in the UK should cost next to nothing! =P

Yeah the "United Kingdom" as a thing is probably done. Scotland will vote to leave in short order, and once that happens people in Northern Ireland are also start to buzz about having a referendum. 

hershel_layton said:
Scisca said:

I know, but without the UK we are helpless against the leftists. Poland and Hungary can't possibly balance what Germany does together with Benelux and France. My God...

Curious, but what country do you live in?

Also, I find it disappointing how many European nations are against guns. Never thought people would have such a big issue with protecting themselves. I wonder if crime and rape rates would decrease if guns were more tolerable in Europe.

Poland obviously.

This is such bad news. I'm 100% sure that the EU bureaucracy won't get the message that they messed up. That their leftist policies, arrogance and terror of tolerance is destroying Europe. Germany has destroyed Europe twice in the 20th century, now they'll dismantle and destroy the EU. This is not the EU that the Founding Fathers and Schumann created. Instead of repairing what they destroyed, they'll serve us the same old bullshit that "the only answer is more integration". I foresee the formation of a core group of EU countries within the Eurozone combined with developing discrimination of the other countries. Similar referendums are bound to take place in Finland, Denmark and Sweden soon - and they'll most probably leave as well. Maybe there'll be two Unions soon?

Granted, that the possibility of yet another referendum in the UK after some further negotiations is also on the table - as always in the EU, when the stupid citizens fail.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
hershel_layton said:

Curious, but what country do you live in?

Also, I find it disappointing how many European nations are against guns. Never thought people would have such a big issue with protecting themselves. I wonder if crime and rape rates would decrease if guns were more tolerable in Europe.

Poland obviously.

This is such bad news. I'm 100% sure that the EU bureaucracy won't get the message that they messed up. That their leftist policies, arrogance and terror of tolerance is destroying Europe. Germany has destroyed Europe twice in the 20th century, now they'll dismantle and destroy the EU. This is not the EU that the Founding Fathers and Schumann created. Instead of repairing what they destroyed, they'll serve us the same old bullshit that "the only answer is more integration". I foresee the formation of a core group of EU countries within the Eurozone combined with developing discrimination of the other countries. Similar referendums are bound to take place in Finland, Denmark and Sweden soon - and they'll most probably leave as well. Maybe there'll be two Unions soon?

Granted, that the possibility of yet another referendum in the UK after some further negotiations is also on the table - as always in the EU, when the stupid citizens fail.

Again, you do realize that a lot of people in the UK hate on Polish immigrants right?

England is not going to be sharing tea with the likes of Poland any time soon. 

I actually feel bad for a lot of Polish people in the UK, their passports/visas will probably be thrown into limbo now for some they may not be able to leave and travel back to visit family for fear of not being allowed back in, etc. etc. etc. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Scisca said:

Poland obviously.

Again, you do realize that a lot of people in the UK hate on Polish immigrants right?

I actually feel bad for a lot of Polish people in the UK, their passports/visas will probably be thrown into limbo now for some they may not be able to leave and travel back to visit family for fear of not being allowed back in, etc. etc. etc. 

That's the funny part because UK was probably the country that was the most for EU enlargement and  now they are complaining. 

It happend....

I guess this means the UK ecnomy will be in the sh*tter for the next 10 years or so.... but they ll get their independance, I guess.

This is such a weird thing, I didnt think it would happend.

Terrible news.

Hate and blind patriotism has won, democracy has failed.

Dark times are coming for UK and Europe now, what a complete dissaster.

Soundwave said:
Scisca said:

Poland obviously.

Again, you do realize that this is absolutely meaningless?

Poland and England are natural allies in Europe and nobody cares about personal opinions of a group of people in England. This is politics. Real politics. Your point of view is very childish here, if you think this matters whatsoever.

I don't feel bad for them. Maybe some will return with their capital and invest back home?

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

why they leave? the media, those polls that was 60% 70% to stay on EU and the famous Stars can't manipulate 17m people?
Seriously They make good choise, England has 3 times more economic problems than Greece if they stay they lose everithing like Greek people, but the Greek people was the first to vote with 62% to stop that Europe policy, but then again they find way that 62% to turn it up side down and make it Greek people continue to lose there jobs there house, overall the National indipendent, for what reason? for those multimiloin companies and bankers to want take over what they belong to Greece
and is not only Greece is Spain is Italy, is Porugal, is France.
Europe has not Future with that hard policy they want to destroy it so one wolrd leader dictator rule the world