By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - We buy their HW because...

Normchacho said:
Azzanation said:
This new generation of gamers only care about the popularity of a product, not the quality. Damn i miss the 80s and 90s.

Yeah? I think I get the point you're trying to make...but do you have anything to support this claim at all? Like...and example? Or...evidence? Or something?

Its just an opinion and personal experince on where i grew up.

Around the Network

I dunno about that. I stopped buying their hardware because of alien controllers, lack of noticeable quantify games with interesting concepts (i.e. most third-party games) and pricey games which take forever to go down in price. Guess games with achievements would be a nice enticing bonus, but I can't agree with the things stated in the OP. There are these problems to be adressed when buying their HW, unlike those things said in the OP which are mere small things.

Chazore said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Tell that to those who don't want Nintendo to go 3rd party. If liking their games is your only reason then you shouldn't care whether they're 3rd party or not because the games will still be there...

Really the same could be said for the other two as well.

Except the other two aren't in the same position as Nintendo. (struggling with sales, lack of 3rd party etc...)

Azzanation said:
This new generation of gamers only care about the popularity of a product, not the quality. Damn i miss the 80s and 90s.

I'm sure the 80s and 90s cared more about the box art lol  

Growing up I would want to play a game if the box art looked awesome because there really wasn't any internet/media to show the gameplay/trailer.  I couldn't afford buying gaming magazines all the time either.

160rmf said:

We like to play their fking games. It's that simple. It's not rocket science.

We are not attached to high specs

We are not attached to voice chat

We are not attached to game achievements

We are not attached to their comercial success

If there's a game from the competition that has superior resolution, use voice chat and sells better, what we do? we don't care (unless the game has an interesting concept, then it has our attention)

Deal with it.

Damn right, high five! =D

Ok, I didn't get a Wii U, because reasons. But with NX, I'm so friggin' in. I'm so so bored of the PS4. Seriously it's not even funny anymore. I also can't hear all those graphics mumbo-jumbo anymore, it's getting on my nerves really bad. Can't wait to get back to Ninty more than 10 years after abandoning them. 

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

I like having everything Nintendo on one box, so I don't have to deal with:

-Buy Mario Kart on PlayStation and get the exclusive Wario character.

-Buy Mario Kart on Xbox and get the exclusive Toad character.

-Play it 30 days early on PlayStation.

-Buy it on Xbox and get two days free online.

-Get the exclusive Rainbow Cup. Only on PlayStation.

-250cc. Only on Xbox.

....and so on.

Azzanation said:
Normchacho said:

Yeah? I think I get the point you're trying to make...but do you have anything to support this claim at all? Like...and example? Or...evidence? Or something?

Its just an opinion and personal experince on where i grew up.

An opinion based on....?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

KLXVER said:
I like having everything Nintendo on one box,

Tell that to Fire Emblem players. xD

RolStoppable said:

My guess is that it is a reaction to this thread, among others: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=217865

(There has also been a recent one about Nintendo giving its fans the middle finger by not providing high end hardware.)

Basically, the gist of such threads and some of their responses is that it is not an acceptable stance to buy Nintendo hardware to play the games that are available on it, because the hardware/online/whatever doesn't match what Sony and Microsoft do.

Ah alright this thread is more reasonable then, carry on yal!

Wright said:

Yes that's why I still haven't gotten Fates and probably never will.

Wright said:
KLXVER said:
I like having everything Nintendo on one box,

I dont get it...