By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: XBO, A Generation Behind PS4 in Terms of Production Value.

FloatingWaffles said:
LordLichtenstein said:

Hi,

Microsoft doesn't have one "exclusive" that can compete with Uncharted 4's storytelling, graphics, direction and voice acting, not one. Uncharted 4's production value are through the roof, it is something we don't see very often in this industry.

If you come with a counter argument, I would love to discuss with you, but seeing as you have no interest in doing so, I have nothing else to say except, It is just my opinion.

:)

Thanks for proving my point. You can keep living in your fantasy world where what you keep telling yourself and hoping is true will be, but i'll live in the real world with everyone else where it's not.

"Microsoft doesn't have one "exclusive" that can compete with Uncharted 4's storytelling, graphics, direction and voice acting, not one."

No counter argument to my "delusional" opinion, no? Okay, go live in your "real" world where Microsoft exclusive games look better, play better and get tons of game of the year awards. Have fun.

Around the Network
WoodenPints said:
LordLichtenstein said:

Hi,

Microsoft doesn't have one "exclusive" that can compete with Uncharted 4's storytelling, graphics, direction and voice acting, not one. Uncharted 4's production value are through the roof, it is something we don't see very often in this industry.

If you come with a counter argument, I would love to discuss with you, but seeing as you have no interest in doing so, I have nothing else to say except, It is just my opinion.

Well to come up with a counter argument you would of had to state your own argument in the OP which you haven't so no on can have a counter argument and thats why this thread is pointless as there is nothing to discuss.

My argument is my opinion.

Did it change from "graphics" to "production value" in the headline and you change headlines like you want or am I just confused?

crissindahouse said:
Did it change from "graphics" to "production value" in the headline and you change headlines like you want or am I just confused?

I didn't just have graphics, I also had presentation. But to make my message more clear, I chose to go with production value.

What I mean by this is:

- Graphics
- Presentation
- Storytelling
- Animations
- Directing
- Voice acting

and so on.

tinfamous12 said:

Really? How can you say that when XB1 has had Ryse: Son of Rome, Horizon 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Halo 5, Quantum Break, Ori, etc? All gorgeous looking games? I'd say they are both pretty equal.

Eh no, uncharted 4 is def a level ahead of all of the above

mM
Around the Network
LordLichtenstein said:
FloatingWaffles said:

Thanks for proving my point. You can keep living in your fantasy world where what you keep telling yourself and hoping is true will be, but i'll live in the real world with everyone else where it's not.

"Microsoft doesn't have one "exclusive" that can compete with Uncharted 4's storytelling, graphics, direction and voice acting, not one."

No counter argument to my "delusional" opinion, no? Okay, go live in your "real" world where Microsoft exclusive games look better, play better and get tons of game of the year awards. Have fun.

You replied to my comment while I was in the middle of editing it. 

Like I said, no matter how much proof anybody shows you, you'll just deny it anyway so there is no argument to have here. I don't expect this thread to last much longer before getting locked since there is no discussion to have here, and how your last thread got locked just earlier today, but i'm sure you'll just make a new one soon anyway once again and do the same exact thing you've done with this thread, so have fun. 

LordLichtenstein said:
crissindahouse said:

I didn't just have graphics, I also had presentation. But to make my message more clear, I chose to go with production value.

What I mean by this is:

- Graphics
- Presentation
- Storytelling
- Animations
- Directing
- Voice acting

and so on.

In my opinion it's pretty clear that MS is a lot about gameplay and multiplayer and Sony is a lot about graphics and storytelling (even if some storys are terrible, they at least try to put much effort in story)

So yeah, it's a lot about what you prefer but there is still no generation between them...no idea where you see that. That would mean that XBO is either still last gen (even though it's obviously above last gen) or that PS4 is already next gen (which is just laughable to say).

What you say is that PS4 is two gens above PS3 since XBO is obviously a gen above PS3. 

I mean, no...

For me it's (talking about exclusives)

multiplayer XBO >>> PS4

gameplay XBO > PS4

singleplayer XBO < PS4

graphics XBO << PS4

storytelling XBO < PS4

sound/music probably even

LordLichtenstein said:
FloatingWaffles said:

There's no point in arguing really. The good old "but that's just my opinion" excuse has been used so no matter how many people can prove him wrong he can just keep saying that all he wants to feel as though he has some sort of victory or that if he keeps telling himself that it will be right to him. 

Also he doesn't even respond to the people who call him out anyway, only to the people that agree with him, but i'm sure that's just a coincidence, obviously. 

The people that agree with him are the same people I would have expected to agree with him anyway based on their past postings i've seen on this site. 

Like, i'm sure there's not an agenda behind this thread at all.

His other thread got locked already so i'm expecting this one will soon as well.

Hi,

Well, Quantum Break has really good story telling, It's graphics aren't better than UC4 but they are pretty close graphically. I don't even know what you mean by direction. The voice acting in Quantum Break is really good also. But that's just an Opinion.  ;)

jason1637 said:
LordLichtenstein said:

Hi,

Well, Quantum Break has really good story telling, It's graphics aren't better than UC4 but they are pretty close graphically. I don't even know what you mean by direction. The voice acting in Quantum Break is really good also. But that's just an Opinion.  ;)

I respect your opinion. :)

LordLichtenstein said:

Hi,

Are you making this statement because you have an X1 or is this one of those opinions where your only reference is just a PS4 and UC4.  I have an X1 and I just finished playing QB on the X1 and now playing UC4.  I can definitely say UC4 has the better quality but not by much.  Its not that UC4 is a PS4 game its more to the fact that that theire isn't to many Devs that reach the same level of experience and production level as ND.  Remedy definitely is in the same ball park and it shows that they are not that far behind.  So with that said, my opinion is that it's not the hardware but the developer we should be praising because if ND was developing for X1, the same level of production value and output would be the same.