By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: XBO, A Generation Behind PS4 in Terms of Production Value.

method114 said:
Man been trying to hold off on UC4 for a while. The game looks so amazing every time I see something related to it.

Interesting enough I just finished Quantum Break and now started UC4.  Going from QB to UC4, UC4 definitely looks better in certain areas but then again QB look better in others (really like the light better in QB).  When comparing them both on my HDTV there definitely isn't a generation difference between these 2 games but UC4 definitely has a bit more polish.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

I cannot even believe the existence of this thread and the people that agrees with this nonsense. The arrogance on certain users of certain comunity has no limits in VGC.

No is not a generation behind, I see the same difference between XBO and Ps4 than I see when I compare Dreamcast with GameCube.

There's no point in arguing really. The good old "but that's just my opinion" excuse has been used so no matter how many people can prove him wrong he can just keep saying that all he wants to feel as though he has some sort of victory or that if he keeps telling himself that it will be right to him. 

Also he doesn't even respond to the people who call him out anyway, only to the people that agree with him, but i'm sure that's just a coincidence, obviously. 

The people that agree with him are the same people I would have expected to agree with him anyway based on their past postings i've seen on this site. 

Like, i'm sure there's not an agenda behind this thread at all.

His other thread got locked already so i'm expecting this one will soon as well.

shikamaru317 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Not only that but it's a shitty, probably intentionally misleading GIF of Forza 6. Never looked like that on my TV while I played it :)

Yeah, whoever made that GIF cherry-picked once of the least pretty sections of track in Forza 6. Something else seems off too, makes me wonder if it was made with the PC version of Forza 6 on the lowest possible settings. Forza 6 looks great on XB1, obviously not on par with Driveclub, but there's a 30 fps gulf between the two.

Not only that but GIFs are one of the least reliable ways to see what a game looks like. They either look WAY better in the gif than what the game actually looks like or they look WAY worse. 

Really the only way to see what a game really looks like is to play it on your own TV. 

Aside from that the whole graphics thing is the stupidest argument among console owners, There never has been a massive gap in the visual fidelity of games from any of the Xbox or PlayStation consoles. There are games that look better on the PS4 for sure, but to say it's a generation ahead in any way is asinine. Games and the experiences (like friends and the controller) on a console are really what matters. And I will continue to say that even if the Scorpio is more powerful than the NEO, but if it is I will chuckle at all the people that hypocritically change their viewpoint to graphics don't matter as much all of a sudden.

But such is life, we're all hypocrites to some extent; some are just worse than others.

foodfather said:
Not another one. The insecurity on these boards has been off the chartz lately.

All this goes to show is MS have done a stellar job this E3.

Yep. Lots of insecure, defensive posturing. This forum is turning into NeoGaf lately.

Goodnightmoon said:

I cannot even believe the existence of this thread and the people that agrees with this nonsense. The arrogance on certain users of certain comunity has no limits in VGC.

No is not a generation behind, I see the same difference between XBO and Ps4 than I see when I compare Dreamcast with GameCube.

I don't know.  I owned a Gamecube and a Dreamcast. There were a lot of Dreamcast games that were pushing the console where I thought it would explode (Headhunter, Shenmue) that would run with virtually no effort on a Gamecube. They were the same gen but the Dreamcast couldn't even run ports of some games the PS2, Xbox, and 'Cube were running!

I know a lot of Dreamcast games were ported to the other consoles but the Dreamcast wasn't anywhere near PS2 and that console was weaker than the other two 6th gen consoles. 

We need CGI Quality to come in and give his opinion!

Around the Network
FloatingWaffles said:
Goodnightmoon said:

There's no point in arguing really. The good old "but that's just my opinion" excuse has been used so no matter how many people can prove him wrong he can just keep saying that all he wants to feel as though he has some sort of victory or that if he keeps telling himself that it will be right to him. 

Also he doesn't even respond to the people who call him out anyway, only to the people that agree with him, but i'm sure that's just a coincidence, obviously. 

The people that agree with him are the same people I would have expected to agree with him anyway based on their past postings i've seen on this site. 

His other thread got locked already so i'm expecting this one will soon as well.

Hi,

Microsoft doesn't have one "exclusive" that can compete with Uncharted 4's storytelling, graphics, direction and voice acting, not one. Uncharted 4's production value are through the roof, it is something we don't see very often in this industry.

If you come with a counter argument, I would love to discuss with you, but seeing as you have no interest in doing so, I have nothing else to say except, It is just my opinion.

:)

d21lewis said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I don't know.  I owned a Gamecube and a Dreamcast. There were a lot of Dreamcast games that were pushing the console where I thought it would explode (Headhunter, Shenmue) that would run with virtually no effort on a Gamecube. They were the same gen but the Dreamcast couldn't even run ports of some games the PS2, Xbox, and 'Cube were running!

I know a lot of Dreamcast games were ported to the other consoles but the Dreamcast wasn't anywhere near PS2 and that console was weaker than the other two 6th gen consoles. 

We need CGI Quality to come in and give his opinion!

I think it was closer to the power of Ps2, games like Shemue looked pretty amazing, but I'm not an expert, for me most Dremacast games looked full 6th gen, I would never say GC was a generation above or anything similar.

LordLichtenstein said:
FloatingWaffles said:

Hi,

Microsoft doesn't have one "exclusive" that can compete with Uncharted 4's storytelling, graphics, direction and voice acting, not one. Uncharted 4's production value are through the roof, it is something we don't see very often in this industry.

If you come with a counter argument, I would love to discuss with you, but seeing as you have no interest in doing so, I have nothing else to say except, It is just my opinion.

The fact of the matter is that no matter what proof anybody shows you, you'll just deny it. You'll say "Oh, but in my opinion that doesn't look as good". So it is pointless to even try and that's why i'm not even going to bother. 

Thanks for proving my point though. You can keep living in your fantasy world where what you keep telling yourself and hoping is true will be, but i'll live in the real world with everyone else where it's not.

The difference is HUGE, HUGE I tell you!!! Xbox is under-powered bigly.

LordLichtenstein said:
FloatingWaffles said:

Hi,

Well to come up with a counter argument you would of had to state your own argument in the OP which you haven't so no on can have a counter argument and thats why this thread is pointless as there is nothing to discuss.

You may have to valid points on " XBO is a generation behind PS4 in erms of production value" but if you don't state any of them and contruct a thread to discuss them and want poeple to have counter arguments and share opinions you need more than just a thread title.