Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What kinds of games do you want from Nintendo?

CaptainExplosion said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Shooter? There's a rail shooter in Star Fox and a third-person shooter in Splatoon. But Nintendo would do well to subsidize a first-person shooter. Maybe something exploration focused?

Sports? The industry needs more arcade sports game. Why not resurrect Mario Sluggers or Strikers, or make a COMPLETE Mario Tennis game?

Simulation? With a steady diet of Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon, Nintendo looks to have the sim base covered.

Horror? Now that Nintendo co-owns Fatal Frame, it has a foothold in the horror genre. Maybe bring back Eternal Darkness?

They've done Metroid Prime though, which was a very exploration-based FPS.

What do you mean by a COMPLETE Mario Tennis game?

I meant more in the way of more serious simulation, without the cutesy characters.

I also meant more in the vein of survival horror, like early Resident Evil, with less of an emphasis on action and more on legit terror.

Metroid Prime is an action-adventure game, though.

Mario Tennis was rushed out the door, in many ways more meager than the N64 original.

Why do cutesy characters matter?

I don't know if Resident Evil, even in its early days, achieved that level of terror. I found Silent Hill accomplished that more effectively. Anyway, Nintendo co-owns Fatal Frame, which is a slow-burn scary series. 

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
CaptainExplosion said:

They've done Metroid Prime though, which was a very exploration-based FPS.

What do you mean by a COMPLETE Mario Tennis game?

I meant more in the way of more serious simulation, without the cutesy characters.

I also meant more in the vein of survival horror, like early Resident Evil, with less of an emphasis on action and more on legit terror.

Metroid Prime is an action-adventure game, though.

Mario Tennis was rushed out the door, in many ways more meager than the N64 original.

Why do cutesy characters matter?

I don't know if Resident Evil, even in its early days, achieved that level of terror. I found Silent Hill accomplished that more effectively. Anyway, Nintendo co-owns Fatal Frame, which is a slow-burn scary series. 

The cutesy characters make hardcore gamers turn up their noses at Animal Crossing ("Nintendoomed iz fer kidz!!").

Okay, agree with Metroid Prime then, so maybe a classic-style FPS like Doom or GoldenEye.

Fatal Frame isn't all that popular though. I meant a new original IP in the veign of Resident Evil or Silent Hill.

Neodegenerate said:
I really just want a Metroid series done in the styling of Dead Space. Horror third person shooter isolated on an alien world/ship.

Sounds good, since Metroid has veered pretty close to horror on occasion (especially the early moments in Super Metroid, and some of the death scenes in that game).

1. Metroid in the style of Super Metroid
2. Mario extension of the Galaxy series
3. New ideas like Splatoon

CaptainExplosion said:
Neodegenerate said:
I really just want a Metroid series done in the styling of Dead Space. Horror third person shooter isolated on an alien world/ship.

Sounds good, since Metroid has veered pretty close to horror on occasion (especially the early moments in Super Metroid, and some of the death scenes in that game).

I feel like they have flirted with crossing that line once or twice with the series, I just want them to commit and go for it.

Neodegenerate said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I feel like they have flirted with crossing that line once or twice with the series, I just want them to commit and go for it.

Same, even if it means making it bloodier. Yes I'm aware that they got away with this scene (skip to 0:36):

Around the Network

I want Nintendo to make the Pikmin series an annual franchise.

Multiplatform games.

Tim and The Princes...

Metallox said:
I want Nintendo to make the Pikmin series an annual franchise.

Wouldn't that result in Call of Duty syndrome?

Oh, and something else. I really want a Metroid: Federation Commando game in the style of Star Wars: Republic Commando or Halo 3: ODST.

But instead we got Federation Force >_>

A console Fire Emblem would be nice. I would like it if Ninten tried their hands at more JRPGs.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread