By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What kinds of games do you want from Nintendo?

Veknoid_Outcast said:
deskpro2k3 said:

I can tell you want I don't want instead.

No more Marios.

I want Nintendo to stop making their console primarily for their franchise in mind. It needs tech that can support third party games too.

deskpro, I assume you'll continue to invest in the PlayStation ecosystem, correct?

So why would you need two systems that play the same third-party games?

This isn't about me, so just look at where Nintendo console is at right now. No third party exclusives, and it's at the Buttom of the list. Do you like that?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

deskpro, I assume you'll continue to invest in the PlayStation ecosystem, correct?

So why would you need two systems that play the same third-party games?

This isn't about me, so just look at where Nintendo console is at right now. It's at the Buttom of the list. Do you like that?

You said "I want" and "I don't want." Surely that's about you?

But OK, let's say it's not about you. Are you saying you want Nintendo to beef up the specs of its next system so it will be at the top of the list? You want it to challenge the others and take customers away from them?

V-r0cK said:
I want Nintendo to do their own Kingdom Hearts where it'll be an action RPG with all the Nintendo worlds together. I guess it'll be like Super Smash Bros RPG.

Damn that would be crazy and potentially an amazing idea I would love to see. Would also love to see some more fresh ideas like Splatoon but I really don't know what they would be :) Just Nintendo giving it a Nintendo-touch to something we don't currently expect of them, Surprise us Nintendo!

A more mature themed IP would be interesting.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I want a new Zelda, I want new IP from Monolith soft or new Baten Kaitos or Xeno game, Animal Crossing NX and MArio game that's more like Galaxy less like 3D world.

Most importantly I don't want Nintendo giving game the Kiddie treatment and ruining what could of been a great game for everyone. I want more game like Mario Golf World Tour and no more crap like Mario power Tennis or god awful Mario Tennis Ultra Smash.

I'm fine with game like Yoshi's Wooly world a game made for very young children but the average age of gamer is 31, if they make a game for Everyone they should really cater to that age group. Perfect example is Wii Sports.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
deskpro2k3 said:

This isn't about me, so just look at where Nintendo console is at right now. It's at the Buttom of the list. Do you like that?

But OK, let's say it's not about you. Are you saying you want Nintendo to beef up the specs of its next system so it will be at the top of the list? You want it to challenge the others and take customers away from them?

You didn't answer my question Veknoid. Do you like where Nintendo is at right now? Let me rephrase it. Are you comfortable with Nintendo not being competitive, and at the buttom? Are you happy with just more different Marios, and Zeldas?

What I should've said was "it isn't just about me" But you know, overall I really thought what I said was self explanatory, so let me hit you with a breakdown explaination, and to end this by answering your question.

Each console have their exclusives, and exclusives is the bread and butter of a console, but that alone is not enough. I think Nintendo next console needs to beef up its specs so it can have more options. If somebody only likes only Nintendo exclusives out of the others, at least they can still play third party games on their console of choice. Secondly, better specs potentially brings forth the development of better games with more detail and content.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

what they do.

deskpro2k3 said:

I can tell you want I don't want instead.

No more Marios.

I want Nintendo to stop making their console primarily for their franchise in mind. It needs tech that can support third party games too.

I disagree Mario sells game, we just don't want anymore shovelware with Mario on the front cover. If you use the mario brand the game should be made to get a metacritic of 80%. 

Game like Mario Tennis, Mario and Sonic olympic, Mario party games, etc are really hurting the high value you used to get from Mario games. 

I'd love if they could develop in-house some gems like Disaster: Day of Crisis or Fragile Dreams surviving-esque games. Those were pretty great to play and since Monolith Soft is responsible for the former, they could definitively try again.

Wouldn't hurt if they get some mature-themed games. It'd be fun if Nintendo did their own Dead or Alive Xtreme thing with Nintendo characters.

deskpro2k3 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

You didn't answer my question Veknoid. Do you like where Nintendo is at right now? Let me rephrase it. Are you comfortable with Nintendo not being competitive, and at the buttom? Are you happy with just more different Marios, and Zeldas?

What I should've said was "it isn't just about me" But you know, overall I really thought what I said was self explanatory, so let me hit you with a breakdown explaination, and to end this by answering your question.

Each console have their exclusives, and exclusives is the bread and butter of a console, but that alone is not enough. I think Nintendo next console needs to beef up its specs so it can have more options. If somebody only likes only Nintendo exclusives out of the others, at least they can still play third party games on their console of choice. Secondly, better specs potentially brings forth the development of better games with more detail and content.

So you're being altruistic? You're interested in the well-being of Nintendo and its customers?

You want Nintendo to support more third-party content, recruit more customers, and make more profits? As someone who prefers PlayStation, I'd assume you'd want Nintendo to draw in fewer customers and fewer exclusives, so as not to rival Sony. Do you see why I'm confused?

I look forward to your response.