By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DFC: Microsoft has killed the Xbox One Slim right out of the gate. Microsoft set to leave the Console Hardware Market?

AsGryffynn said:
Ruler said:

>>my opinion

I so agree with them espacially the Xbox exclsuives to PC part, finnally some analyst who thinks loggically. Its very sad that Xbox is owned by MS i really dont think the direction they are going is right for the console platform by watering down the XBox brand into Windows.

I really hope that MS sells off the Xbox brand to an electornics company like SAMSUNG, Dell, Lenovo or HP that has nothing to do with windows or any other ecosystem which could interrupt with the console brand.

NO!

But Dell would be a great new owner for the Xbox brand so long as they keep their current library... And well, it's publishing policies... 

Well this is what i mean, i would prefer a company not having a different Ecosystem so the Xbox can be the main focus for that company like for Sony and Nintendo.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Neh, what I feel like is Xbox is turning into what Steam machines could have been. A PC for your living room! I think as more and more games comes to Windows from Xbox, some of the features from Windows might go to Xbox since MS wants to unify everything so badly. And if that happens, it could be great since you might get the optimization that comes with consoles with possibly some PC centric features like being able to install programs that you couldn't before.

But we will see tho. I will admit MS letting third party programs in might not be the best business decision for them but who knows since the hardware is there.

yeah but whats difference? You can build cheap PC or buy an Alienware Alpha or ASUS republic of gamer PC and set it up under your TV. If it really just runs your regular windows with no exclsuives and possible no physical media whats the point for average consumers to buy an Xbox?

The difference is... The games will run better than a equivalent priced pc...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Nope, MS is going the absolute best direction. Considering the kind of platform they already have.

Ruler said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Neh, what I feel like is Xbox is turning into what Steam machines could have been. A PC for your living room! I think as more and more games comes to Windows from Xbox, some of the features from Windows might go to Xbox since MS wants to unify everything so badly. And if that happens, it could be great since you might get the optimization that comes with consoles with possibly some PC centric features like being able to install programs that you couldn't before.

But we will see tho. I will admit MS letting third party programs in might not be the best business decision for them but who knows since the hardware is there.

yeah but whats difference? You can build cheap PC or buy an Alienware Alpha or ASUS republic of gamer PC and set it up under your TV. If it really just runs your regular windows with no exclsuives and possible no physical media whats the point for average consumers to buy an Xbox?

Ease of use, pricing and ease of upgrade. The same reason people buy MacBook PCs... As for their plans, well, this ties in with them, since MS one goal is to have a Windows system in each living room... 

I think MS is trying to combine Xbox and Windows together.

And I think both versions has different target audience.

And the Xbox One S could mean that the original Xbox will cost lesser sooooo YAY! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

They moving the PC ecosystem over to the XB1, while deliberately making the console a less attractive proposition. Scorpio is going to be a PC. If people think MS are making a mistake then they're naive. These are planned moves in order to garner the required affect.

The PS5 Exists. 

Yea, the Xbox brand is SO fucked.

Then we believe analyst now?

I still believe an early sales projection of past gen with 360 having negative sales the last years. Funny.

Tim and The Princes...

Xbox will be fine. Maybe not as good as Sony but it'll do fine.

GribbleGrunger said:
They moving the PC ecosystem over to the XB1, while deliberately making the console a less attractive proposition. Scorpio is going to be a PC. If people think MS are making a mistake then they're naive. These are planned moves in order to garner the required affect.

Yea because everything else Microsoft has planned went so well this generation.