By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mighty No. 9 bombs in Metacritic

So...?

I saw this coming 132 61.40%

I'm dissapointed 45 20.93%

This looks good to me 15 6.98%

OOPS! 23 10.70%

Total:215

This shouldn't come as a surprise really, the writing has been on the wall for some time. I'm regretting backing this shit on kickstarter from the beginning. $20 down the drain. I don't even wanna play this mess. I expected more from Inafunje

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
Zarkho said:
Sad part is that Bloodstained seems to be following the same path -.-'

Did I miss an update or something?

Signature goes here!

I love it how people never played the full game yet say the game is shit because some stupid Cod reviewers are saying the game is not as good as mega man.

Reality check,played the mm legacy collection and jesus ,some levels are badly made+ the difficulty is freaking insane,made me stop playing tbh.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Ruler said:

And here we are again metacritic (only western reviewers) trashing a japanese indie game. This review is more politiclay motivated than anything because of the delays and drama. I dont trust these reviews one bit

Goodnightmoon said:

I'm only exposing facts, a game like this bombing for the critics is something relevant, wether you trust or not on them is your choice, I personally gonna get this game someday but not at full price after reading reviews of some specific critics that I do trust.

Which reviewers? Jim?

Despite Mighty No.9 having a lot of problems, Metacritic isn't a place for Japanese games because they don't know how to judge it, just like IGN chose "The Best RPG of E3" and they picked South Park instead of  other games like Persona 5.

Some years ago Metacritic was very harsh with the Digimon Franchise, I think that  every Digimon World game from 1 to 5 scored below 50 and some close to 40 (Digimon 4 was indeed a bad game but even so score the most), they said that  those game were "Too difficult" for gamers.

Look at what they said about Digimon World 2  Eletronic Gaming Monthly, Score 28: " Combat is about as exciting as watching paint dry. [Aug 2001, p.112]".

IGN, Score 40: "Essentially a dull dungeon crawl."

Gameshark, Score 48: "The main difference between this and Pokemon is that Pokemon doesn't suck as much. Game play in Digimon World 2 is the equivalent of a snail race.".

The best score from Eletric Playground, Score 60: "t is time to stop the bleeding, end the time consuming trend of monster training games and demand something better."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow7mJYO2j4U                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Only review on youtube. Its not that bad

Around the Network

Beautiful.

bet: lost

RIP! Reasons to never back unfinished games continues to rise

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

naruball said:
Wait, are we trusting reviewers again? What changed?

People always posts metacritic scores  and reviews here and some trust them, nothing changed

I saw this coming but it still looks good to me.

For comparison: Azure Striker Gunvolt(our rightful savior) has a 77 rating on metacritic.