By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Overwatch discussion thread - Christmas update is here!

I really hate people who have mains to the extent that they will hardly pick anything else.

I picked Hanzo first. I know a lot of people don't like him, but I like playing as him sometimes, as I enjoy playing almost all characters. So the next three people pick. By this time, we need a support, a builder and a tank as per the advice on the side of the character select screen. So who does the next guy pick? Another sodding Hanzo. And I am loathe to change as I normally wait until the last one or two picks to try to make the team balanced if people pick crap, and I just want to pick first and stick for a change.

Game didn't even last two minutes.

Around the Network

I got my best multikill this morning with Tracer. I dashed into a group, tagged a Pulse Bomb on one of them, dashed out. Three died and then I finished off a fourth one for a nice Quadra Kill.

Signature goes here!

celador said:
I really hate people who have mains to the extent that they will hardly pick anything else.

I picked Hanzo first. I know a lot of people don't like him, but I like playing as him sometimes, as I enjoy playing almost all characters. So the next three people pick. By this time, we need a support, a builder and a tank as per the advice on the side of the character select screen. So who does the next guy pick? Another sodding Hanzo. And I am loathe to change as I normally wait until the last one or two picks to try to make the team balanced if people pick crap, and I just want to pick first and stick for a change.

You shouldn't trust the the team composition advice, it's kinda crap. Just watch this video, and you'll know what I mean.

I usually choose the character I pick based on the opposite team choices. 

danielrdp said:
celador said:

You shouldn't trust the the team composition advice, it's kinda crap. Just watch this video, and you'll know what I mean.

I usually choose the character I pick based on the opposite team choices. 

I do agree with the suggested changes. Especially, switching No Support to No Healer. I absolutely hate when nobody chooses a healer and I'm already the tank so I can't really switch out.

Signature goes here!

So a sniper that can shoot biotic canisters for healing and bullets for damage? Then again, we don't really need another sniper character that is a damage machine, and being a two in one like that would make Widowmaker obsolete. So maybe the rifle only shoots healing canisters and there will be a secondary short range offensive weapon? At least the rifle being purely for healing is supported by the picture.

A ranged healer would be pretty solid though. Currently support has to be in the thick of it to be effective, and although some Mercys and Lucios are stupidly good at staying out of the way of enemy fire, having a dedicated long range healer would be pretty nice.

Around the Network

Ugh having trouble deciding between getting a legendary for D.Va or Zarya, how does one make these type of decisions?

Also, new support character hype.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Pharah is seriously fun to play and she seems to be a good fit on almost any map.

Signature goes here!

^ Yeah, Solider 76 is similarly useful in basically every game type and map

celador said:

Yeah but with my dodgy aim, Pharah suits me better.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
celador said:

Yeah but with my dodgy aim, Pharah suits me better.

When I play an offense character it is usually Pharah for that exact same reason.  I can't aim worth a damn.

I main Lucio though, which is great because my teams always have a healer, and I get to blame the slow shooting gun for my misses.