By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto Says sorry for zelda Botw delays, he expected it to be out in 2015.

Werix357 said:
Ljink96 said:

Right from the source:

“Also, when we thought about developing a Zelda game for the NX, it would have to be way further down the life cycle of the system,” he continued. “And this game, rather than really focusing on the unique features of the Wii U, it’s really a game you sit down and get into. There was a change in direction, so we decided to develop for both consoles a while ago.”

Eiji Aonuma

Just remeber one thing this Zelda is the biggest game nintendo have ever made, with biggest team they have ever had working on a single project.

In short Zelda BoTW has to sell some serious numbers to make money and they ain't taking the risk of low sales by releasing it on the Wii U only.

I'm thinking Nintendo need sales upward of 6 million.

I'm thinking one of the side-benefits of BotW is that Nintendo has a ready made engine to repurpose for a lot of open-world type games and larger scale games for the NX. I can see it being modified and used for a Monolith Soft game, a new Metroid Prime, an NX exclusive Zelda among others to shorten development windows for large, ambitious games.  I doubt Nintendo is going to let all the time and money spent on the BotW engine be wasted on just one game; plus, it gets me optimistic that we won't have to deal with another console generation that's overrepresented by low-budget, short development cycle games like 2D platformers and party games.

Around the Network
wombat123 said:
Werix357 said:

Just remeber one thing this Zelda is the biggest game nintendo have ever made, with biggest team they have ever had working on a single project.

In short Zelda BoTW has to sell some serious numbers to make money and they ain't taking the risk of low sales by releasing it on the Wii U only.

I'm thinking Nintendo need sales upward of 6 million.

I'm thinking one of the side-benefits of BotW is that Nintendo has a ready made engine to repurpose for a lot of open-world type games and larger scale games for the NX. I can see it being modified and used for a Monolith Soft game, a new Metroid Prime, an NX exclusive Zelda among others to shorten development windows for large, ambitious games.  I doubt Nintendo is going to let all the time and money spent on the BotW engine be wasted on just one game; plus, it gets me optimistic that we won't have to deal with another console generation that's overrepresented by low-budget, short development cycle games like 2D platformers and party games.

That is my hope too, Nintendo need a in house engine like EA's Frostbite to help shorten development times.

Miyamoto mocking Nintendo's fanbase.

Werix357 said:

Nintendo need a in house engine like EA's Frostbite to help shorten development times.

Agreed.

Frostbite 3's been used in everything from Battlefield to FIFA to Need for Speed to Plants vs Zombies. The benefits of having a single versatile and unified toolset across all of your games can scarcely be understated.

curl-6 said:
Werix357 said:

Nintendo need a in house engine like EA's Frostbite to help shorten development times.

Agreed.

Frostbite 3's been used in everything from Battlefield to FIFA to Need for Speed to Plants vs Zombies. The benefits of having a single versatile and unified toolset across all of your games can scarcely be understated.

Nintendo have been talking about increased software output on NX so I hope this is one of the reasons why.

Around the Network

What a surprise, I also expected the game to be out last year!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Werix357 said:
curl-6 said:

Agreed.

Nintendo have been talking about increased software output on NX so I hope this is one of the reasons why.

Could also be the rumoured amalgamation of their console and handheld lines as a single unified platform.

KLXVER said:
Its always bittersweet when a game gets delayed. It happens.

6 months is ok, you need to polish it more, etc. I get it

A year and half though... It's really poor planning on their part. Especially when it's coming 5 and a half years after the last game in the series. 

curl-6 said:
Werix357 said:

Could also be the rumoured amalgamation of their console and handheld lines as a single unified platform.

Yeah that's right, Nintendo merged both their Hardware divisions so I hope it's both.