By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto Says sorry for zelda Botw delays, he expected it to be out in 2015.

As someone who is currently getting into game development I can understand that.
Physics are always a bitch, the second they do what you want them to, they also start to do 3 random other things you never intended. Debugging and polishing is a much bigger task than most people think it is.
I've been only doing this for a few years but I have already lost count of how often something I considered simple took weeks and months to properly implement, even with the help of my elders, my teachers and the internet.

And yes, I'm pretty sure once they truly started to realize the potential of the open world all the new ideas set them back big time as well.

The new guy.

Sorry for possible mistakes, not a native speaker!

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
I'm glad the game got delayed and is also being developed with new hardware in mind. Had it been released in late '14 or sometime in '15 as originally expected, it probably would've been more like Skyward Sword 2.0 rather than the gorgeous and massive open world / go anywhere type of game we are now getting.

It was shown as an open world game from its first trailer at E3 2014.

Ljink96 said:

Also if this is true, Aonuma basically has confirmed that NX is a more traditional console. Sporting games that focus not on unique features but getting into the game and playing it. BoTW will easily hit 6 Million across both consoles.

Not necessarily. This happened with Twilight Princess on Wii, and that wasn't a "traditional" console.

I would say it's most likely due to the NX version but it looks good so I'm not really complaining

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I'm positive they could have it out this November if they wanted to, and that they are holding back the Wii U version so it doesn't steal the NX version's thunder.

Ljink96 said:
Werix357 said:

Just remeber one thing this Zelda is the biggest game nintendo have ever made, with biggest team they have ever had working on a single project.

In short Zelda BoTW has to sell some serious numbers to make money and they ain't taking the risk of low sales by releasing it on the Wii U only.

I'm thinking Nintendo need sales upward of 6 million.

Also if this is true, Aonuma basically has confirmed that NX is a more traditional console. Sporting games that focus not on unique features but getting into the game and playing it. BoTW will easily hit 6 Million across both consoles.

Nintendo's unique games is what made Nintendo great, they only need a well designed console to showcase the great games they are capable of delivering. No purple toy box's and No convoluted controllers that alienate customers.

Well my hope with NX is that Nintendo release a console with a lower cost of entry like around $200, with similar power to the PS4.

Around the Network

How can you seriously expect a game to come out in 2015 and push it back 2 FUCKING YEARS?

Well, these things happen. It's becoming more a standard for games to be delayed these days.I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I could be all sour about this, but the damage is done and we did get to see some pretty sweet gameplay at E3 :)

Werix357 said:
Ljink96 said:

Right from the source:

“Also, when we thought about developing a Zelda game for the NX, it would have to be way further down the life cycle of the system,” he continued. “And this game, rather than really focusing on the unique features of the Wii U, it’s really a game you sit down and get into. There was a change in direction, so we decided to develop for both consoles a while ago.”

Eiji Aonuma

Just remeber one thing this Zelda is the biggest game nintendo have ever made, with biggest team they have ever had working on a single project.

In short Zelda BoTW has to sell some serious numbers to make money and they ain't taking the risk of low sales by releasing it on the Wii U only.

They should have released it only on Wii U and written down the losses. 

Magnus said:
Werix357 said:

They should have released it only on Wii U and written down the losses. 

Yeah then the Next Zelda for NX would have been a long way off, I think it would have been different situation if the Wii U had sold 30 million instead of the ~13 mil it's at now.