By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead Rising 4: W10 Exclusive for 90 days, console exclusive for 1 year

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dead-rising-4-is-a-timed-exclusive-for-xbox-one-an/1100-6440999/

So there we have it. That's why it didn't have the exclusive marker at E3. So if you have a good PC, you can play it on Steam early in 2017.

Beat me to death with a toilet brush if old.

Around the Network

This is so stupid...

Mystro-Sama said:
This is so stupid...

In the coming 'war' it will be Windows 10 Store VS Steam.  There is something unsettling about dividing up PC into exclusives by OS and storefront.   In the end, I think Microsoft's real target was Steam all along. 

Microsoft already said their games are going to be released on steam again its on the frontpage of VGChartz, nobody wants windows 10 store, let it burn.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

I'm not sure what making it exclusive to the Windows Store for 90 days on PC accomplishes... but oh well.

Around the Network

Feels like timed exclusives are the norm these days for both Microsoft and Sony. Seems rather silly, do people really buy consoles based on timed exclusives?

Johnw1104 said:
Feels like timed exclusives are the norm these days for both Microsoft and Sony. Seems rather silly, do people really buy consoles based on timed exclusives?

I agree completely. The only thing timed exclusivity seems to do is reduce a games overall sales. Either make a title a true exclusive or don't bother.

Johnw1104 said:

Timed exclusives are almost certainly cheaper than just having it on one console and PC.

This isn't new though and it has proven very successful in the past. See GTA and MGS in the PS2 era.

Now Microsoft purchase the timed exclusivity for 1 season ?, so Dead Rising 4 will be timed exclusive for Windows 10 and Xbox One during the Summer ?.

Time exclusive on Console makes sense as sucky as it is, I get it.

Why timed exclusive depending on your OS/Service? Kind of defeats the point of trying to portay the image of being PC Friendly

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'