By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead Rising 4: W10 Exclusive for 90 days, console exclusive for 1 year

That's neat. I like the DR games, so I'll likely pick this up when it comes to PS4.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

As far as I know, Microsoft is not paying for this deal, it was given to them for free.

'Paying for third-party exclusives isn't our long term strategy,' says Xbox's Phil Spencer

And Phil never lies. NEVER!

https://www.destructoid.com/-paying-for-third-party-exclusives-isn-t-our-long-term-strategy-says-xbox-s-phil-spencer-297090.phtml

The_BlackHeart__ said:
As far as I know, Microsoft is not paying for this deal, it was given to them for free.

'Paying for MANY third-party exclusives isn't our long term strategy,' says Xbox's Phil Spencer

https://www.destructoid.com/-paying-for-third-party-exclusives-isn-t-our-long-term-strategy-says-xbox-s-phil-spencer-297090.phtml

Fixed to resemble actual quote.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

CosmicSex said:
Mystro-Sama said:
This is so stupid...

In the coming 'war' it will be Windows 10 Store VS Steam.  There is something unsettling about dividing up PC into exclusives by OS and storefront.   In the end, I think Microsoft's real target was Steam all along. 

I don't know about all along but it's their new target now, for certain.  They want their OS monopoly to be more profitable.  They gave away Windows 10 instead of selling it because they believe they can funnel people into buying from the Windows Store.  Steam is a massive road block to that.

The problem is that they're still Microsoft, they're still intent on forcing people into buying from them rather than enticing.  They just do what they want, no matter how anti-consumer, and then wonder why they failed.  It's just like GFWL, where they had the absolute perfect opportunity to take over the PC gaming market, they put all that money into securing games, and then it was utter and complete trash that did nothing but infuriate people.

They have so many resources, they could have done this right.  That's the crazy part.  Instead, we get UWP and a terrible store front.  

No problem waiting 90 days for Steam. Nice.

Around the Network

LudicrousSpeed said:

Beat me to death with a toilet brush if old.                                    

Good one :)

This is cool for PC gamers, I will get it on Windows 10/Xbox One but having the option to get it on Steam that early for non Xbox/W10 gamers is great imo.
Nobody can complain about that!

so the TR deal.

either way i dont' want this game but i appreciate they confirmed it.

The_BlackHeart__ said:

'Paying for third-party exclusives isn't our long term strategy,' says Xbox's Phil Spencer

Long Term is in the next 200 years, before that they can make the deals.

Mystro-Sama said:
This is so stupid...

It really is.

Just make it exclusive or make it multiplat. 

And didn't Spencer promise more homegrown games and fewer purchased third-party exclusives/timed exclusives?

That's BS. Timed exclusives on PC too? They know people don't like their W10 Store, only 2% of Tomb Raider "copies" was sold there. So they're trying to force people to use their ridiculous service with third party games now? Boo! Boo Microsoft, boo. I'd rather not play the game than using that Windows Store ever again.