By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Next Round of Price Cuts?

Here's my preditction

Elite: $399.99

Arcade: $199.99

PRO: $299.99

mM
Around the Network

I would expect cuts from ms and sony around the holidays to be honest.

I want the 360 in a new casing with built in wifi more than any particular price cut.

I do not know if a price-cut will help them much. They are already pretty low and the European one didn't help much. They need something awesome on the gaming front like the definite version of gta or world of Warcraft for the 360.
in the end I think they should just concede defeat outside the us, make some money, bring out some great games and be glad that most games will be multiplatform anyway. Then they can try again with the xbox 720.

NintendoMan said:
I don't expect a price cut until the holidays to be honest although I presume we're taling about the US cause I can see another price cut in japan before the holidays.

in Japan??? i think they already gave up in Japan

Around the Network

by core you mean arcade right? They discontinued the core a long time ago.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

They won't cut the European price anytime soon but I expect them to cut the US price before GTA4 to counteract any "brand recognition" sony may or may not get.

Hi, i'm solojohlo and i'm pretty fucking awesome

maybe in the summer

if sony cuts the price before them, especially b4 gta iv, microsoft are fucked.

A few months ago I was thinking MS would cut $50 for release of GTA4 and $50 for hollidays, but a cut for GTA4 is now looking unlikely. 3 weeks away and no strong rumors. They really need to find a way to lower the Arcade to the magical sub-$200 price barrier. It might be the only way to move that SKU.

Correct me, but there were no strong rumors for the European price drop, were there?

Darkfire001 - X360 sales, actually, haven't been bad lately. They've never been below 121,000 units this year (sales were below 70,000 worldwide during points last year). They've stagnated around 120,000-140,000 before the price drop, but there were no reliable trends as far as sales decreasing.

IMO, it'd be great to see Microsoft do a European-style price drop on the 360 when GTAIV launches, and drop the Arcade to $199.99 USD, and sub-$300 for the Premium. I'd think that sales could average above 100,000/wk in North America for April, and do very well into June and July.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.