By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead Rising 4 is timed exclusive

Rise of the Tomb Raider deal?...

Around the Network
Neodegenerate said:
Ali_16x said:

Still doesn't matter, they'll look at Dead Rising sales rather than Tomb Raider. And you do know that Xbox owners enjoy different games than PlayStation owners etc , vice versa. Xbox owners probably play Zombie games more than Action Adventure games.

Them looking at the Dead Rising sales vs the Tomb Raider sales just means they are taking a narrow and awfully optimistic view.  Also, quick search on Resident Evil 5 and 6 (cross platform zombie games) shows an almost 2:1 ratio in favor of PS, so I think your assumption about Xboxers liking zombie games more would require some hard data and research to prove.

What the hell? Why would they look at Tomb Raider, they're not even the same genre.....Oh I'm going to release my new racing game on PS4, let me go check the sales of Uncharted 4.

Lol are you using VGChartz numbers? Lol they pull those numbers out of their asses. And actually no, it's not hard to prove, State of Decay got a sequel, why? Because it sold well enough. And it's also not hard too see it either, MIcrosoft makes most of their money from America. What do Americans love lol? FPS and Zombies.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

IamAwsome said:
Ali_16x said:

No it isn't stupid. It's amazing how people still can't understand that Capcom is having money problems.

Everybody understood when SFV got announced. 

No they didn't.

Neodegenerate said:
IamAwsome said:

Well they haven't said anything about it yet. We're years into the gen, and RE7 is the only new game that they're developing without help. I don't think the situation has changed that much. Besides, Capcom knows what they need more than people on an internet forum. 

Some truth right there.  Especially since their other games even with help haven't fared terribly well.

Lol are you being serious right now? And yet, here you are, saying pretty much, they don't know.

Ali_16x said:
Neodegenerate said:

Them looking at the Dead Rising sales vs the Tomb Raider sales just means they are taking a narrow and awfully optimistic view.  Also, quick search on Resident Evil 5 and 6 (cross platform zombie games) shows an almost 2:1 ratio in favor of PS, so I think your assumption about Xboxers liking zombie games more would require some hard data and research to prove.

What the hell? Why would they look at Tomb Raider, they're not even the same genre.....Oh I'm going to release my new racing game on PS4, let me go check the sales of Uncharted 4.

Lol are you using VGChartz numbers? Lol they pull those numbers out of their asses. And actually no, it's not hard to prove, State of Decay got a sequel, why? Because it sold well enough. And it's also not hard too see it either, MIcrosoft makes most of their money from America. What do Americans love lol? FPS and Zombies.

"Microsoft makes most of their money from America." Microsoft's most money isn't bigger than Sony's America sales this gen, with Resident Evil being much more popular on PS than Xbox, with The Last of Us selling 10+ Millions of units, with Days gone being developed, it shows that this genre is very popular within the Playstation Fanbase, and this could not be different, The most popular horror games are the Japanese ones, Sillent Hills, Resident Evil, Fatal Frame, etc.

Around the Network
Swordmasterman said:
Ali_16x said:

"Microsoft makes most of their money from America." Microsoft's most money isn't bigger than Sony's America sales this gen, with Resident Evil being much more popular on PS than Xbox, with The Last of Us selling 10+ Millions of units, with Days gone being developed, it shows that this genre is very popular within the Playstation Fanbase, and this could not be different, The most popular horror games are the Japanese ones, Sillent Hills, Resident Evil, Fatal Frame, etc.

That's not what I'm talking about so I'm not sure why you are. I'm talking about Xbox One has sold most of it's units in America, so of course, America is going to be Microsofts money maker. And the thing about Sony literally means nothing, Sony fans can be just enjoying Zombie games, but that literally has 0 to do with what Xbox gamers think about it.

Just like how shooters sell more on Xbox, even though there are more PS4s in America than Xbox, sometimes FPS sell more on Xbox. And just like how JRPGs don't sell on Xbox. I'm not sure what you guys are trying to argue, Xbox owners play different genres than PlayStation owners, it's a FACT.

I'll grab it on PS4 at some point. As for Tomb Raider, since it released so much earlier on X1, I'll be waiting until the PS4 version is $25 or less.

I think OP shall add some like " rumor " in the title, it may be misleading for some.

SWORDF1SH said:
So Capcom like slowly killing their franchises? Not a good move.

If MS is willing to fund games they will always exclusives.

Funding a game means they are taking the finacial risk that Capcom may not want to.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Dead Rising's exclusive history with Microsoft has always been a weird one. The first one was exclusive to the Xbox 360, though a spin-off that retained the same story released for the Wii. The second one was multiplatform. The third one (not counting Off the Record spin off) was exclusive to the Xbox One, but eventually a PC port was made. Now the fourth one will be multiplatform again. The only truly exclusive content Xbox has from Dead Rising are both the expansions of Dead Rising 2 (Case Zero and West) and the Dead Rising collection, which is a nice package bringing every single Dead Rising game to 360 (aside from the next-gen game of course). 

One could argue Frank West was a rather memorable Xbox icon back in the day, as well. Even then he ended in games not exclusive to Xbox, like Marvel vs Capcom or Tatsunoko's. 

It is not that strange this case of timed exclusivity. If the game ends up on Steam/Ps4 then it probably means DR4 could have been made thanks to the profits made from DR3 (given that it is the same branch of Capcom the one doing the game and the same engine), but with Microsoft funding, we get the game much earlier than it could have been, and as return, Xbox gets to enjoy the game much earlier than the rest. Which again, isn't that bad since this franchise has always been somewhat tied to Xbox itself.

I still think DR3 was a big disapointment and DR4 is heading for the same route (especially now that there's the rumor the Time-based estructure is fully gone, among certain other details), but this is a game I'm interested in nonetheless, as I consider Dead Rising to be one of the most enjoyable franchises out there.