By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead Rising 4 is timed exclusive

Timed exclusive meaning it's coming to PS4 or that it's releasing on PC at a later date?

Around the Network

Cool, if it comes to Steam I might check it, some of the stuff in the trailer looks a lot of fun, but I do tend to get bored of those games pretty quickly.

Don't ruin the moment

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PC/PS4), Dead Cells (PC)

LordyPlays on YouTube

Aeolus451 said:
Can't resent capcom for giving timed exclusivity in trade if someone is willing to pay for the development of their game or help pay for it. Sony has made this sort of deal with other developers before in exchange for different types of exclusivity.

This. Capcom doesnt have money like that anymore, why is it hard to understand

foodfather said:
DR4 will do just fine. Its a bigger series than Tomb Raider and hopefully has a good release window.

The release date killed ROTR not the exclusivity.

LOL what?

FIT_Gamer said:

Timed exclusive meaning it's coming to PS4 or that it's releasing on PC at a later date?

We don't know yet. They didn't use the "First on XB1 wording",  but the 1 year deal is definitely happening. They probably haven't worked out the finer details yet. We'll find out about a PS4 version later if it exists. 

Around the Network
IamAwsome said:
FIT_Gamer said:

We don't know yet. They didn't use the "First on XB1 wording",  but the 1 year deal is definitely happening. They probably haven't worked out the finer details yet. We'll find out about a PS4 version later if it exists. 

It would be nice for those that want to play it on PS4, but I personally hope this means it's also coming to Steam at some point. I'd much rather play it on Steam than UWP. 

ms should have just payed for full exclusivity. people dont' hype timed exclusives like they do full exclusives and that's really the point of it all is it not?

kitler53 said:
ms should have just payed for full exclusivity. people dont' hype timed exclusives like they do full exclusives and that's really the point of it all is it not?

FF7 begs to differ. It was the most viewed game of last e3.

jason1637 said:
kitler53 said:

FF7 begs to differ. It was the most viewed game of last e3.

Because it's not a " one year timed exclusive "

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

celador said:
jason1637 said:
Its not that bad. The dr3 one sold 2ml on xb1.

That figure is helped massively by the fact it was a launch exclusive. Same thing with Killzone

Killzone 2 and 3 have sold well. Shadow Fall's sales were probably increased further by it being a launch exclusive but it would have sold over 2 million in any case.