By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead Rising 4 is timed exclusive

There's really not that many exclusives outside of Nintendo these days, especially if you include PC... Timed exclusives are about as far as most are willing to go now.

Around the Network

Nice that it's coming to PS4.

I'll probably play it on my PC around release and eventually again on PS4 (yeah I love Dead Rising).

Ali_16x said:
bananaking21 said:

because Tomb Raider is a prime example of how limiting your install base can hurt sales.

i thought this was releasing on steam this year? if so, then thats even more stupid. Windows 10 store is dead. 98% of Tomb Raider sales were on steam, with just 2 percent on windows 10 store. 

if capcom are releasing this just on XB1/win10 store then they are morons, ignoring the 2 biggest install bases the game could cater to will never make sense to me. 

lol? and yet Dead Rising 3 is an example for them showing good sales. Which do you think they would look at? Let me give you a hit, it's not Tomb Raider.

It's also so confusing, even if it was exclusive to Windows 10 store for 1 year, I'm sure Microsoft still would have said "Xbox One and Windows 10 Exclusive" in the conference, yet they didn't. So it could mean PS4, just so confusing.

It was also a launch title, which is a huge boost for sales for a game.  Can't really compare that and a game that got exclusivity AFTER the console became the second horse in the race.

Neodegenerate said:
Ali_16x said:

lol? and yet Dead Rising 3 is an example for them showing good sales. Which do you think they would look at? Let me give you a hit, it's not Tomb Raider.

It's also so confusing, even if it was exclusive to Windows 10 store for 1 year, I'm sure Microsoft still would have said "Xbox One and Windows 10 Exclusive" in the conference, yet they didn't. So it could mean PS4, just so confusing.

It was also a launch title, which is a huge boost for sales for a game.  Can't really compare that and a game that got exclusivity AFTER the console became the second horse in the race.

Still doesn't matter, they'll look at Dead Rising sales rather than Tomb Raider. And you do know that Xbox owners enjoy different games than PlayStation owners etc , vice versa. Xbox owners probably play Zombie games more than Action Adventure games.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
Neodegenerate said:

Still doesn't matter, they'll look at Dead Rising sales rather than Tomb Raider. And you do know that Xbox owners enjoy different games than PlayStation owners etc , vice versa. Xbox owners probably play Zombie games more than Action Adventure games.

Them looking at the Dead Rising sales vs the Tomb Raider sales just means they are taking a narrow and awfully optimistic view.  Also, quick search on Resident Evil 5 and 6 (cross platform zombie games) shows an almost 2:1 ratio in favor of PS, so I think your assumption about Xboxers liking zombie games more would require some hard data and research to prove.

Around the Network

It is probably coming steam and ps4 a year later like I suggested in another topic. If it would be only coming to steam later on then microsoft would be making sure they mentioned xbox one console exclusivity + amazon us and uk doesnt have xbox one console exclusive cover like all other console exclusive games. All this suggests me that its exactly like rise of the tomb raider deal.

This feels like a repeat of last gen. MS 360 got exclusive Dead Rising 1, then the sequels were multiplat.

Ali_16x said:
bananaking21 said:
it being an exclusive is just stupid. just look at what happened to tomb raider.

but then again this is capcom after all, they have been pretty much whoring out their games.

No it isn't stupid. It's amazing how people still can't understand that Capcom is having money problems.

Everybody understood when SFV got announced. 

IamAwsome said:
Ali_16x said:

No it isn't stupid. It's amazing how people still can't understand that Capcom is having money problems.

Everybody understood when SFV got announced. 

The idea of going with the market leader for exclusivity made more sense.  Just like Dead Rising 3, with Xbox presumed to go on to continue its neck and neck battle with PS in the beginning of the gen, made sense.  Now though?  With other timed/Capcom exclusive games not doing hot at all, even SFV? Makes a little less sense. 

Nice!